We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Big Data Developer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
* Data Modeling
* ETL Design and Development - Assist in the development of a big data platform in Hadoop using pipeline technologies such as Spark, Hive, and more to support a variety of requirements and applications.
* Implement and support big data tools and frameworks such as Spark, HDFS, Hive, and Presto.
* Implement and support streaming technologies such as Kafka and Spark.
* Assist in the development of deployment automation and operational support strategies.
* Support analytics platforms created and managed using Openshift (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB etc)
* Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to analytics platforms.
* Continuously seek ways to optimize time spent on maintenance activities and automate routine tasks.
* Working on design and improvement of analytics platform to meet business requirements.
* Automating the creation of all AWS Infrastructure
* General Linux System Administration
Master's degree and 15 years of experience or equivalent.
* 7+ years of work experience with ETL, data modeling, and business intelligence big data architectures.
* 4+ years of experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (Map Reduce, Spark, Hive, Presto, etc.) and big data ecosystems (Kafka, Cassandra, etc.).
* At least 2 year of experience with Scala or Java
* Expert in at least one SQL language such as T-SQL or PL/SQL.
* Proven experience in the field of big data and micro services and can work easily in both Unix and windows based development environments
* Experience working in a Linux environment.
* Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB
* Containerization such as Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
* Understanding of TCP/IP stack, NAT.
* Strong scripting skills, preferred languages Bash.
* Experience of Hadoop platform administration.
* AWS Foundational Services.
* Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery knowledge (Jenkins, etc.)
* Experience in real-time analytics applications.
* Experience in implementing a machine learning pipeline.
* Experience with Power BI.
* Experience with Scala
* Deep network analysis experience a plus
* Linux/Unix administration, ability to navigate through a system, look at logs, etc.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you'll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Req ID = 2018-5077