Big Data Architect
At ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD) we pioneer innovative solutions that treat and keep people out of the hospital, empowering them to live healthier, higher-quality lives. Our cloud-connected medical devices transform care for people with sleep apnea, COPD and other chronic diseases. Our comprehensive out-of-hospital software platforms support the professionals and caregivers who help people stay healthy in the home or care setting of their choice. By enabling better care, we improve the quality of life, reduce the impact of chronic disease and lower costs for consumers and healthcare systems in more than 120 countries. To learn more, visit ResMed.com and follow @ResMed.
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You'll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let's talk about the team and you:
As a Big Data Architect within ResMed's Advanced Analytics team, you will be responsible for designing complex, high-performance systems which are fault tolerant, self-healing, adaptive and highly accurate data platforms on AWS. Reporting to the Director of Data Strategy and Engineering, this role will ensure success in building and migrating analytics, AI/ML applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
Let's talk about responsibilities:
* Participate in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the Data & Analytics Platform
* Validate the value proposition of Amazon Web Services (AWS), and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
* Capture and share cloud best-practice knowledge within the Data Engineering team
* Act as a technical liaison between ResMed, its contractors and partners
* Understand and evaluate the latest trends in the Data Integration space including Cloud and Big Data technologies
* Provide technical insights on emerging hybrid data architecture, advanced analytics, data privacy and security trends for business
* Provide Proof of Concepts (POCs) for assessment of technology/business benefit
* Identify the performance bottle-necks and determine a resolution
Let's talk Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor/Engineering degree in IT / Computer Science/ software engineering or relevant field
* 5+ years' relevant and 10+ years' total experience in a complex, technical environment
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate/Professional level
* Experience in setting up an AWS Architecture with AWS Best Practices
* Experience planning and implementing AWS Data Lakes
* Experience working with the AWS ecosystem (Redshift, RDS, EMR, Kinesis, S3, Glue, DMS, Athena, EC2, Lambda etc.)
* Experience working on AWS Data Pipelines leveraging a well-defined (Continuous
* Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes
* Experience working with Complex Data Warehouses
* Exposure to Hadoop Ecosystem preferably on AWS/EMR, NoSQL-based, SQL-like technologies such as (Hive, Pig, HDFS, Impala)
* Experience working with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Sisense, and QuickSight.
* Experience presenting complex solutions to Architecture senior management and technical leaders
* Experience working on Spark/Scala, Kafka, Elasticsearch and Python
* Understanding of and ability to move legacy platforms into AWS Cloud
* Experience with Data Science tools & technologies on AWS Cloud is plus
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work with stakeholders
* Critical problem solving and advanced troubleshooting to drive resolution to technical issues
* Experience in the healthcare/regulated (HIPAA, GDPR) space is a plus
* Familiarity with global privacy considerations related to data analytics is a plus
* Experience with streaming analytics is a plus
Okay, so what's next?
Joining ResMed is more than saying "yes" to making the world a healthier place. It's discovering a career that's challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you'll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now! Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered. ResMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of.
ResMed is a global manufacturer of CPAP masks, machines and other products that diagnose, treat or help manage sleep-disordered breathing, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or other respiratory conditions.