Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
* Design, code, test, document, and maintain high-quality and scalable analytic solutions
* Identify gaps and opportunities for improvement of existing solutions
* Define and develop APIs for integration with various data sources in the enterprise
* Analyze customer requirements with respect to current solution
* Make accurate development effort estimates to assist management in project and resource planning
* Participate in code reviews and assistance for junior analysts
* Collaborate with management, quality assurance, architecture, and other development teams
* Write technical documentation and participate in production support
* Keep skills up to date through ongoing self-directed training
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can learn things quickly who is enthusiastic, active, and eager to learn.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience
* 5 years of hands-on Software Development experience
* 3 years of development experience with (Java or Scala), and Web Services
* 2 years of experience in big data technologies like Spark, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc
* 2 years of experience in messaging (Kafka preferred), NoSQL databases (Cassandra/Hbase preferred), Docker, Kubernetes
* 2 years of previous relational database experience
* Understanding of service oriented architecture (SOA) concepts
* Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodology/best practices
* Experience and successful track-record of learning new tools and technologies and leveraging these on integration and implementation projects
* Experience in infrastructure services on at least one major cloud platform (Azure preferred)
* Advanced degree in a technical field
* Healthcare industry experience
* Formal training and/or certification in any of the above-mentioned tools and technologies
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Big Data Analyst, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, work from home, travel, remote