Reporting to IT Quality Assurance Test leadership, this Bi-lingual position will be assigned to one or more prioritized project efforts for business-facing and/or customer-facing applications utilizing various technologies (i.e. web-based, mobile, client/server). The goal of this position is to utilize software Quality Assurance/Quality Control best practices, as well as, team collaborative efforts to produce a superior software experience to the end user prior to and concluding a Production implementation.
Demonstrate intermediate to advanced understanding and ownership around the following competencies:
* Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and its phases utilizing various methodologies (i.e. Traditional, Scrum, Hybrid, etc.). This may include: Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Testing (QA/UAT), Production Readiness, Post-Production Implementation and Post-Production Monitoring.
* Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC) and its phases utilizing various methodologies (i.e. Traditional, Scrum, Hybrid, etc.). This may include: Test Planning (Requirements Analysis, Effort Leveling), Test Design (Test Plan(s), Test Case(s), Test Data, Requirements Traceability), Test Execution, Defect Triage, Status Reporting, UAT Support and Production implementation support.
* Testing types (e.g. White Box vs. Grey Box vs. Black Box testing, Functional vs. System Integration testing, Regression testing, etc…)
* Testing applications and/or systems utilizing bi-lingual (i.e. Spanish) verbiage.
* Technical Aptitude around system interoperability procedures. This may include:
* using intermediate to complex SQL DML commands to create, store, retrieve, modify and/or delete data in a database.
* understanding system Business Intelligence and ETL data transformation techniques (data models, SSIS, SOA, Micro Services, Job execution, etc.).
* Aptitude around test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Development practices by creating and executing scripts, as well as, reporting results.
* Flexibility in learning new products and technologies quickly, as well as, the versatility to move across platforms and/or applications as needed.
* Ability to own project assignments and meet deadlines while working independently, as well as, in a group setting.
* Identify, communicate and implement service improvement opportunities.
Demonstrate aptitude around the following:
* Bi-Lingual (Spanish) fluency to the degree required to thoroughly test applications with all-Spanish verbiage.
* Working in a Traditional (Waterfall), Agile (Scrum) or Hybrid environment.
* Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Test management tools (i.e. Microsoft Test Manager/Test Hub, HP ALM, Jira, etc.).
* Database management tools (Microsoft SQL Server Mgmt. Studio, Oracle SQL Developer, etc.).
* Automated testing tools and processes (i.e. Selenium, Ranorex, etc.).
* API/Web Service testing tools (i.e. SoapUI, Postman, etc.).
* ETL/Data Warehousing tools (Informatica PowerCenter, SQL Server Integration Services, etc.).
* Programming languages (C#, Java, SQL (Microsoft, Oracle), etc.).
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong time management skills.
* Strong task prioritization skills.
Insurance industry experience a plus.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience
* Seven (7) or more years of responsible experience in an Information Technology environment utilizing multiple subsystems, including at least seven (3) years of QA testing experience in a Senior or Lead role.
About Globe Life
Globe Life (formerly known as Torchmark Corporation) provides various life and health insurance products, and annuities.