3Q Digital is Silicon Valley's agency of record, and the way we work reflects our roots: we're relentless, restless, and constantly striving to innovate and drive growth for our clients.
We offer full marketing services including SEM, SEO, social advertising, display, mobile advertising, analytics, and business strategy. We work with the fastest-growing B2C, B2B, ecommerce, and lead gen clients in the U.S. We're smart and fast-paced, and we value great client service-which is where you come in.
The Business Intelligence Engineer, Decision Sciences role will require partnering with key internal (intra-team and cross-disciplinary) stakeholders to implement automated reporting deliverables and work with our broader team to contribute to and evolve our automation and reporting services. The ideal candidate will be able to help support the team in development work by unifying multiple data sources and evolving our process to create and maintain reporting and analytical tools. Additionally, they will be able to act as subject matter expert and be a partner to our internal teams.
The BI Engineer will be responsible for onboarding new client reporting by following internal processes. They will work with the development team to map data sources to our database, develop SQL reporting views to consolidate dimensions and metrics across tables, link the reporting view to a variety of visualization tools, and customize the reporting templates to meet the client teams' needs. Additionally, this role will require the BI Engineer to maintain and update existing reports based on requests and changing technologies.
What you'll be responsible for:
* Work closely with the BI manager and internal teams to assess reporting needs
* Build tools that leverage existing automation via 3Q's data warehouse
* Take lead of projects and contribute to the evolution of processes, working with the team as well as independently with the goal of driving efficiency
* Manage creation, implementation, validation and ongoing support of data visualization tools and recurring reports
* Serve the client team as an expert on internal data visualization best practices
* Grow credibility with internal teams by exceeding expectations and delivering valuable tools
* Develop and refine documentation around onboarding and usability
* Contribute to the company's knowledge base by creating and sharing case studies and POVs
You'll need to have:
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent years' experience required (Computer Science, Marketing, or related field preferred)
* Expertise with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Excel, Google Sheets, Mode, required
* Intermediate experience developing custom SQL
* Experience/exposure to Snowflake (preferred), MS SQL Server, or other data transformation and storage tools
* Experience with collecting and storing data using Matillion (preferred) or SSIS, and Secured Storage (S3, sFTP, etc.)
Additional things that will impress us:
* Requires excellent organizational, written, and communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple tasks to completion within established deadlines
* The ability and strong desire to innovate with strong problem solving, technical and communication skills
* Understanding of the digital analytics and marketing landscape, preferred
* 1-3 years of relevant work experience
Best in-class digital marketing results require the best-in-class workforce and our best-in-class workforce ultimately drives the culture at 3Q Digital. We're not just talking good office coffee and happy hours (though we have all of that). Our unique culture is developed and nurtured by the values, beliefs, philosophies, and operating style of our people and core values: Own It,Everyone's a Client, Do the Math, Act for the Greater Good, and Innovate.
We are a collaborative, open-door, best-idea-wins environment that fosters personal and company growth and has fun doing it. We promote work/life balance and encourage constant learning by offering unparalleled training, mentorship, and development for career progression. And perhaps the best, most fundamental part of our culture: authenticity. We say what we mean, and we do what we say.
* Named one of Inc.'s Best Places to Work in 2019
* Competitive compensation and bonuses
* Benefits include health, dental, vision, a 401K plan, and paid parental leave
* Student loan & tuition assistance
* Unlimited PTO
* Flexible work from home policy
* Volunteer opportunities, team retreats, and lunch seminars
We are based in Silicon Valley, with offices in downtown San Francisco, Chicago, Austin, New York City, San Diego, Raleigh, Charlottesville, and Burlington (VT). Our amazing offices decide their own perks, including office happy hours and events, games, weekly catered lunch, and free snacks.
Best-in-class digital marketing results require the best-in-class workforce, and we believe that comes from a diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences. 3Q Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to evaluating all qualified candidates regardless of gender, gender identity, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Furthermore, we believe optimal results come from operating a meritocracy built upon diversity of thought and background and absolutely devoid of discrimination and hate speech. We do everything in our power, including strict adherence to an anti-harassment policy, to make 3Q a welcoming and inclusive organization whose employees feel comfortable respectfully sharing their thoughts with each other and our leadership. Our training and mentorship programs help make sure all employees have an equal opportunity to grow and excel.
No agencies please, principals only
About 3Q Digital
3Q Digital is an independent digital marketing agency.