Staples helps the world work better with work solutions that deliver industry-leading products, services and expertise across office supplies, facilities, breakroom, furniture, technology, promotional products, and print & marketing services. The company supports businesses of all sizes from solopreneurs to the Fortune 100 and everything in between. We meet customers where they are with everyday low prices across multiple channels, including direct sales, eCommerce, mobile, AI-powered "conversational commerce" and retail.
About The Team
In the age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence, embracing decision-making with clear, data-driven results that deliver value in a dynamic business environment.
The team, which is a mix of members with experience in technology, project/product management, business intelligence, and data analytics, leverage the power of data and analytics to help generate insights and information decision-making.
We're seeking a driven individual who is energized to make a difference and enjoys a role where they can be innovative and entrepreneurial. This individual will shine when serving as a consultant to the business and is genuinely interested in understanding the objects of complex and evolving projects. In this role, the individual will interact with different business units and support key initiatives directly to understand reporting needs and be responsible for the creation of visualizations, analysis, and dashboards using Tableau to give stakeholders insights into their data.
Attributes of Ideal Candidate:
* Has portfolio of work completed using Tableau and published to Tableau Public
* Experience with Tableau Desktop/Server (v.10+)
* Experience with ETL solutions, specifically Alteryx
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Demonstrated experience with large data sets, analyzing data, extracting relevant information, and producing strategic conclusions into user-friendly reports for a diverse set of users
* Demonstrated track record of being highly accountable for results; able to deliver quality work while managing multiple priorities and acting with a sense of urgency.
* General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes.
* Passion for success; for the organization, team, and individual
* Intellectually curious; excited to explore new methods and technologies
* Skilled at identifying and assessing opportunities. Provides definitive point of view and recommendations from analysis
* Articulates outcomes and alternatives clearly to enable more informed, data driven decisions.
* Ability to translate customer feedback and other inputs into product features and solutions.
* Communicates effectively (in English) - both written and oral and strong interpersonal skills
* Bachelor's degree (concentration in analytical- and/or financial-based areas such as business, accounting or economics desirable)
* Minimum 2-4 years previous work experience
* Experienced (1yr+) in latest versions of Tableau Desktop/Server (10+)
* Strong background (1yr+) and knowledge of ETL solutions, Alteryx preferred
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written
* Proficient in Microsoft Suite, specifically Access and Excel
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
* Ability to work well in a dynamic environment - adaptability
* Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task is a must
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.