Job Title: BI Developer
Reporting To: BI Manager
Location: Santa Monica, CA
This is an exciting time to join us! BI Developer will be responsible for working with peers, functional team and business units to: identify user requirements, design, develop and test reports/solutions to support business processes related to Finance/Supply Chain business area. In addition, the position will assist with the development, testing, and support of supply chain/finance reports using OBIEE. This will include, but not limited to, analyzing and understanding business challenges, mapping current business processes to new systems, identifying business process and organizational change impacts, and resolving issues that affect business processes.
BI Developer will also write functional/technical specifications, develop appropriate test scenarios and scripts, develop reports using OBIEE, analyze test results, document process and system problems and work with different groups to resolve them. The position will ensure that a design being implemented supports operating objectives, business requirements and utilizes best practices for reports development/Implementation.
* Expertise in OBIEE 11g/12c & ETL tools (ODI, BODS or Informatica).
* Strong analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret business/functional requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
* In-depth understanding of Oracle databases, SQL and PL/SQL.
* 3 - 5 years of OBIEE experience in Designing, Building, Customizing Oracle BI Repository and Oracle BI Presentation/Webcat
* 3 - 5 years' experience developing efficient and effective reporting solutions to diverse and complex business problems using OBIEE and ETL development tools in Realtime and/or Datawarehouse based environments.
* 2- 4 years' experience with business processes related to Oracle E-Business Suit in Financial/Supply Chain modules.
* Ability to analyze, develop and troubleshoot complex SQL queries.
* Experience in creating, modifying dashboards and complex reports.
* Experience in creating visually appealing reports and dashboards.
* Experience in report performance tuning.
* Experience in Data Warehouse design and development.
* Knowledge of Noetix Views/Noetix Analytics is highly desired.
* Experience with data visualization tools such as TABLEAU.
* Experience designing and building OBIEE reports sourcing from Hyperion Essbase is a plus.
* Conceptual knowledge of information technology and methodologies
* Excellent verbal, written skills, organizational and time-management abilities.
* Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills and the ability to work with personnel at all organizational levels.
* Experience with OBIEE implemented on engineered systems such as Exalytics and Exadata is a plus.
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world's largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We're proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®" for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies," and "Future 50" lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.