Arthur J Gallagher
Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc. (GBS) consistently stands out in a competitive marketplace as an employer of knowledgeable, highly skilled and competitive talent. We are a company that touches businesses and their employees on a personal level. At the core, our job is to help protect the health and well-being of employees and their families and provide for their financial security - all while allowing employers to attract and retain the people they need to grow and succeed. As you consider the value of working for Gallagher Benefit Services, remember your talent, winning attitude and strong performance will be highly valued and will maximize your future potential.
How you will contribute to the business
Gallagher is developing a number of business intelligence and analytics solutions. To support this goal, Gallagher Benefit Services is looking for an experienced BI Architect. The architect will be responsible for design and delivery of solutions to integrate data from line of business applications into data warehouses and marts and the presentation of this data to end users using data visualization software. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of cloud-based architecture approaches, developing extract, transform and load (ETL) code, with strong programming skills including SQL.
* Lead the architecture and design of cloud-based data architecture using Azure data platform solutions.
* Design and deliver ETL packages to implement the functional specification of solutions.
* Detailed profiling of source system databases to inform business rule cleansing operations.
* Carry out peer reviews with colleague architects and developers.
* Deliver ETL solutions to established AJG development standards and practices.
* Prepare documentation, including solution design, data dictionaries and release notes.
* Work closely with the project team to understand the business requirements around existing and proposed processes and systems, developing effective working relationships.
* Ensure that functionality is tasked and effort estimated to enable effective planning and delivery.
* Attend daily scrum meetings with development team, weekly and monthly project team meetings as appropriate.
* Awareness of Service desk issues in order to drive proactive solution provisioning / propose application enhancements / updates
* Carry out duties following internal policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, good governance and Gallagher's shared values, in particular, putting clients at the heart of our business
What skills will help to make you successful in this role
* Client-facing skills, strong analytical thinking, and attention to detail
* Technical skills including:
* Dimensional Modelling (Kimball)
* Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Database, ETL and Reporting tools (2012 or greater)
* Experience in using Data Visualization tools such as PowerBI
* Knowledge of C#.NET, ASP.NET, R, Python or other traditional coding is highly desirable
* Knowledge of DAX is desirable
* Knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies (Agile methodology experience would be highly beneficial)
* Working knowledge of source control and use of an software development lifecycle system such as TFS or JIRA would be advantageous
* Effectively managing own workload
* Delivering Results
* Demonstrable drive, self-motivation
* Determination to achieve results
* Great customer service
* Tenacious and self-motivated
* Ability to lead research and triage of complex problems, tactical and strategic solutions.
* Team player
* Supports and encourages change and adapts positively to changing priorities and work demands
* Able to work under pressure
* Learns and shares knowledge
* Able to deliver information with integrity and sensitivity
* Confident and assertive individual
Experience and technical requirements for consideration
* A degree (2:1 or above) in Data Science and Analytics or Computer Science OR 5 years' experience in BI Development
* Demonstrable knowledge of Business Intelligence / Data warehouse theory (Kimball methodology strongly preferred)
* Extensive experience in the Microsoft BI Tool-stack on Data Warehousing projects or demonstrable experience in BI and Data Science tools, techniques and technologies
* Evidence of delivering business intelligence / data solutions, commercially or as part a degree project
* A strong database knowledge, including maintenance, optimization, trouble-shooting
* Experience in architecting solutions based on Microsoft Azure Data Platform including Azure SQL, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, and Azure Analysis Services.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
* Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
About Arthur J Gallagher
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.