Job Opening ID:
00262660 BI Analyst (Evergreen) (Open)
IT, Telecom & Internet
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
The Business Intelligence Analyst acts as an internal consultant, developing close business partnerships with company managers. While managers have business experience and authority, the BI Analyst has the time and technology to analyze data and create insights these managers can act upon. This work can be as simple as creating key performance indicator dashboards or as complex as creating predictive models and detailed forecasts used to make proactive decisions. BI analyst roles can lead to a variety of technical and functional career path options within the broader J.B. Hunt organization.
* Develop business knowledge to effectively anticipate and define opportunities to apply business intelligence and analytics solutions to improve business outcomes.
* Collaborate with business partners to identify and document informatics and analytics requirements.
* Develop business intelligence and analytics solutions to support business needs. Solutions will range from basic reporting to dashboard and scorecard portals to advanced analytics and statistical analysis models.
* Work with information technology and subject matter experts to understand data quality issues and drive the resolution of discrepancies.
* Participate in the design of new data structures and dimensional models in assigned business areas of the data warehouse.
* Continuously pursue and master new business intelligence skills to help increase the analytical "IQ" of the organization.
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial*
* Engineering/Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Supply Chain Management or a related field.
* 3+ years of experience with structured query language and business intelligence; programming fluency is helpful. *
* New graduates must have a 3.0 GPA or above coupled with co-operative work experience and campus involvement activities. *
* NET 3.5 in C# and/or VB as needed
* XML including .NET's LINQ to XML
* Web Services (WCF, ASMX, Web Methods)
* Database table design and management
* Supporting HTML, CSS 2, JS including JQuery
* Subversion repositories
* Experience completing full cycle project development from database design to final testing.
* Strong OO Programming skills, understanding & use of Lambdas, Recursion, Reflection, threading / multi-threading
* Front-End development experience with CSS, JS, HTML
* Experience with processing XML, JSON and JSON
* Dundas Charts/ASP Chart Controls
* PHP Experience
Bachelors: Chemical Engineering, Bachelors: Civil Engineering, Bachelors: Computer and Information Science, Bachelors: Computer Engineering, Bachelors: Electrical Engineering, Bachelors: Industrial Engineering, Bachelors: Management Information Systems, Bachelors: Mechanical Engineering
Application Delivery Process (Basic Understanding), Big Data Management and Analytics (Working Experience), Data Mining (Working Experience), Information Assurance (Working Experience), Information Management (Working Experience), Knowledge of Organization (Working Experience), Requirements Analysis (Working Experience)
Collaborates with business partners to identify and document informatics and analytics requirements, Continuously pursues and masters new business intelligence skills, Develops business intelligence and analytics solutions to support business needs, including basic reporting and advanced analytics, Develops business knowledge to effectively anticipate and define opportunities to apply business intelligence and analytics solutions in order improve business outcomes, Participates in the design of new data structures and dimensional models in assigned business areas of the data warehouse, Works with information technology and subject matter experts to understand data quality issues and drive the resolution of discrepancies
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
"This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."