A driven software development professional is required in the BGC Trading Systems development team. The role involves building new and enhance existing user interface for BGC's proprietary trade execution systems, working as a part of distributed team of developers in the UK and US. The role includes exposure to full SDLC in a fast moving environment.
Whilst the candidate will be based in the US he/she will be expected to work closely with a team of developers in the UK.
The firm seeks an enthusiastic, driven developer who can rely upon their own initiative and willingness to learn to succeed.
* Develop of new UI for the trading systems to meet BGC's business and regulatory requirements. * Provide escalated development support for UI of the trading systems in Rates/Credit/FX.
* Minimum of 5 years of building Web UI interfaces * A good working knowledge of the React.js, Redux
* Working knowledge of any of the following: * Webpack * Node.js w/ Express * GraphQL * Websockets * Experience building trading applications * Working knowledge of any of the following business areas: * Fixed Income * Credit Derivatives * FX
* Education to degree level is preferred
* Self-starter, taking initiative at every opportunity, curious and willing to learn. * Holding practical view of technology as a tool to achieving the goal rather than the goal itself * Good written and oral communication is essential.
About Bgc Partners
BGC Partners is a brokerage company servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets.