BGC Partners is currently seeking a Senior Java Developer to support the Post Trade Technology division. Post Trade Technology (Integration - US) is predominantly java based development team within the Global Post Trade Technology group. The main area of responsibility covers post trade settlements across multiple Corporate Entities, business lines and asset classes. The team develops, maintains and supports multiple data messaging and workflow systems. Development team is global in focus but based predominantly in the NY Office, working with peers in London and India.
* As a senior level developer, you will act within the Integration team to produce solution designs, proof of concept/prototype applications, research and evaluate third party development tools etc, which can be used to implement a strategic/unified vision, supportable across all parts of the Firm. * You will undertake refactoring and extend existing legacy applications from a 'continuous improvement' perspective. * You will be required to provide hands on support - 24x7 coverage of the business we support demands that all team members have support as well as development knowledge.
* Integration to and consolidation of components necessary to provide real time clearing and settlement trade processing for voice, electronic and High Frequency trading. * Integrations will be from various front and middle offices systems such as Fidessa, Bloomberg TOMS/SEOMS, Trafix and In-House built platforms.. * Integration to industry standard third party clearing and settlement systems. * Message workflow development for new multi business / single solution initiative.
The candidate will also act in a senior developer capacity to provide technical guidance to other team members. Knowledge of software development best practices and software development trends will be very useful, as team, members and management evaluate and decide upon the best tools for a given project.
Technical Skill Set (Mandatory)
* Core Java programming - 5 -8 years (Java 8 a plus) * Spring framework - 4+ years * Agile Development - Unit Testing (3+ years) * Strong knowledge of object oriented analysis and design (OOAD) - 5-8 years * Messaging middleware such as JMS, Tibco EMS and Solace - 5 yrs * Common design patterns - 5-8 years * Linux and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems -5-8yrs * Experienced with source control usage ( 2+ years) and Maven * Unix Shell Scripting - 4 yrs * Sybase or MS SQL RDBMS Platform 5+ years
* Highly motivated * Takes initiative * Works well within small groups, but is comfortable working on his/her own. * Strong attention to detail (sees value in comments and refactoring to improve code where necessary) * Excellent communication skills * Mentors junior developers
Beneficial Skills (Optional)
* Exposure to Solace Messaging Appliances * Exposure to Mule, Solace (2.0) and caching architecture such as Apache Ignite * Familiarity with NoSQL database technologies and tools (MongoDB, ELK) * Exposure to Database Design/Modeling, SQL, Procedure Creation, etc. * Experience with UML modeling to communicate design ideas to fellow development team members * Aqua Data Studio or other SQL Tools * General securities industry experience.
About Bgc Partners
BGC Partners is a brokerage company servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets.