The Network Operations Engineer is responsible for first line technical support, maintenance and monitoring of highly available global financial network services.
An ideal candidate will be motivated to take ownership of daily and ongoing network projects. Be capable of contribute to ongoing network redesigns and work well in team oriented environment.
* Monitor global network infrastructure * Contribute to Root Cause Analysis for customer/internal outages and recommend resolutions * Document infrastructure procedures for internal support * Prioritize workload to ensure service and project delivery targets are achieved * Review new network designs and changes to ensure that they meet Operational Acceptance Criteria and are supportable * Update design documentation for internal and customer support * Contribute to Continuous Service Improvement * Support after hour and weekend on-call duties for global trading and office support
* Ensure network availability is maintained * Ensure network issues are resolved within business recovery target times * Ensure persistent problems are diagnosed and resolved * Ensure Changes do not cause business outages or issues * Ensure accuracy of network documentation
* Excellent Junos OS Fundamentals (Configuration, Operational Monitoring and Maintenance) * Excellent Cisco CatOs and IOS Fundamentals ((Configuration, Operational Monitoring and Maintenance)) * Routing Protocols (EIGRP, OSPF and BGP)
* Cisco CCNA or equivalent * JNCIA-Junos certification
* 5 years supporting high volume, high availability financial trading environment * Evidence of working within multi- team, SLA driven environment * Experience of working in a multi-vendor infrastructure environment * Supporting security and regulatory requirements
About BGC Partners
BGC Partners is a brokerage company servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets.