Summer 2020 Technical Intern
Does working with world class scientists on ground breaking research in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, autonomy, cyber security, UAVs, wireless and wired networking, imaging and computer vision, distributed dynamic systems, signal processing, decision support and synthetic biology excite you? If you answered yes, waste no time and join Raytheon BBN Technologies on our journey into the future.
Who we are.
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at Raytheon BBN Technologies have collaborated to solve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical talent in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and create transformative solutions.
What you will do.
You will contribute to one or more technical projects in any number of areas including artificial intelligence, machine learning, autonomy, cyber security, UAVs, wireless and wired networking, imaging and computer vision, distributed dynamic systems, signal processing, decision support and synthetic biology. You will also participate in a variety of Summer Intern activities and be expected to do a presentation on your project(s) at the end of your assignment.
Examples of what you will do include rudimentary research, software development, prototype development, test and evaluation, documentation and project management.
What you will gain.
* You will experience what it is like to work in a world class research and development environment.
* You will participate in the development of ground-breaking technology.
* You will learn from some of the world's premier researchers and technical staff.
* You will fulfill your scientific curiosity and entrepreneurial drive.
What you will need.
* Must be recent a high school graduate registered for college by the time the assignment begins in the summer of 2020.
* Minimum high school grade point average of 3.0.
* Coursework in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM.)
* Good analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
* Flexibility and adaptability to do a variety of tasks ranging from simple to complex.
Additional skills that would be awesome/beneficial.
* Graduate of MIT's Beaver Works Summer Institute.
* Excitement about the technologies listed above.
* Familiarity with programming languages such as Java, Python, C/C++, Matlab.
At Raytheon BBN Technologies you will find an exciting, collaborative environment that offers the opportunity to contribute to revolutionary research that solves important problems. Our culture enables all employees to find purpose, thrive, and succeed. By creating an environment where all opinions are valued, risk taking is encouraged, and excellence is rewarded, we allow our employees to do their best, most important work.
Note: travel and housing expenses are not provided.
143692BR 143692 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.