Bain & Company is one of the world's leading global business consulting firms, serving clients across six continents. The firm was founded in 1973 on the principle that consultants must measure their success in terms of their clients' financial results. Bain's clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. With offices in all major cities, Bain has worked with over 4,150 major multinational and other corporations from every economic sector, in every region of the world.
A career at Bain & Company will provide the opportunity to learn in a collaborative teaming environment, drive impact to support our 'Results' mission statement. The firm has a passionate and rich culture that offers an unparalleled business experience that can carry throughout a career. We hire dynamic individuals that are dedicated to achieving both personal and professional goals. To learn more about the firm, please visit https://www.bain.com/.
Bain Capability Network:
In 2004, the firm established its presence in the Indian market by opening the Bain Capability Center (BCC) in New Delhi. Over the years' the BCC has played a critical role in augmenting Bain's case teams globally with analytics and research across all industries, for corporate cases, client development, private equity diligence as well as Bain intellectual property. On the back of a highly successful model, there is significant need and enthusiasm in expanding the group globally as the Bain Capability Network (BCN).
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial oriented person to help define, setup and drive the path to build the BCN with nodes in India, EMEA and North America.
About the Role:
As a starting point, this position has the core responsibility to play a programmatic role for the products such as Pricing and Cost transformation products such as Zero Based Budgeting, Pricing, etc. This includes working with the Consulting Manager, Center of Expertise (CoE), currently based out of Asia and Europe, as well as Bain partners to deliver the product in end client engagement.
The role would also provide the opportunity to work with the BCN head and Product Leader to design the optimal approach to product delivery by leveraging the appropriate offshore-onsite model.
Over time the role has the potential to build up to lead multiple product delivery teams for one or more high growth areas for the firm.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Play an onsite project manager role as a conduit between onshore case team and any third party vendor, offsite CoE team as well as client. Also have individual responsibility for parts of the deliverable as below:
* On client work:
* Project manage relevant phases of a standard Bain case by defining deliverables; prioritizing and adhering to deadlines and delivering high quality output
* Work with Bain manager to understand scope of work, provide advice on appropriate CoE role, team size, structure, timelines etc.
* Advise the case team manager and train the case team members on the product
* Liaise with the client map to understand client systems, data structures
* Work closely with CoE teams to set up master files and build baseline visibility
* Work with case team to perform analysis and client materials on saving areas
* Assess the 'readiness' of client's IT systems (e.g. GL, T&E, POs, expense system, budgeting, BI) related to ethe specific product and recommend path forward to make full capability work
* Implement appropriate tools - GEP / Anaplan/ Shibumi/ Social media tools and /or in house developed proprietary as a full team member
* Co-locating with Bain case team or offshore CoE through case duration as required
* Train client teams and hand over the product where applicable
* Beyond specific client work
* Work closely with Product Manager to help with proposal and other areas as required to deepen ability to serve and increase adoption of CoE based delivery model
* Engage in ongoing dialog with key stakeholders to understand future and changing needs and influence team priorities, capabilities and structure accordingly
* Proactively suggests solutions; drive new demand for CoE, within and beyond current scope
* Exert strong positive influence and professional development for team members by leveraging content expertise to provide coaching on problem solving, work-planning, data analysis etc. as applicable
* Constructively engage in mutual feedback process with supervisor and team members
* Participate in recruiting, training and induction efforts
* Act as part of the BCN leadership team; involved in steering and implementing the course of the initiative they are leading
* MBA from top business school with 10+ years of experience in a global professional services/ strategy consulting firm or equivalent years of relevant product / industry experience
* Experience in business research and large data analytics
* Strong Bain business judgement orientation and willingness to acquire domain expertise
* Experience in performance improvement or Zero Based Budgeting / financial performance management beneficial
* Interest in learning technical skills and spearheading the adoption/development tools required for delivery
* Strong academic credentials, analytical ability and problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to drive and influence CXO/Partner level discussions succinctly to favorable outcomes
Other Important Criteria
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and lead open-ended ideas to practical results
* Ability to lead with maturity and inspiration
* Perceived as a fair and unbiased role model
* Is a strong positive influence in any group they are part of
* Strong team player and demonstrated ability to motivate self and team members
* Willingness to play an individual contributor role as well as lead teams by appropriately spanning big picture and detail orientation
* Quick learner, willing to get into the details; good at thriving in a fast paced environment and able to work independently
* Ability to travel within US at various clients and internationally to work with CoE team members who may be in other geographic hubs