Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
DataFox (acquired by Oracle in 2018) is the real-time source of truth on over 3 million companies around the world. Business professionals all rely on DataFox to understand their markets and prioritize which companies they should be targeting.
Data is in our name, and it's our core asset. Every day tens of thousands of events in the business world are processed, analyzed, and incorporated into DataFox's growing knowledge-base of companies. Sales and marketing professionals use DataFox to answer strategic questions like "which software companies with revenue of at least $5 million opened a new office recently?" or "which healthcare companies based in California just launched a new product?" We're really excited about enabling businesses to make more strategic decisions powered with data.
We're a small, tight-knit team based in San Francisco's Financial District near the Embarcadero. We move quickly and iterate often, including twice a day deploys. We own our full stack, from the UI to the infrastructure. Empathy is one of our values, both for each other and our customers.
There's a lot left to build. DataFox is looking for a senior software engineer who can take initiative and think creatively to solve complex data problems. You will help architect and steer our data infrastructure to scale with our product. You'll work closely with our data science engineers and data operations to extend DataFox's leadership in generating accurate company data and proprietary growth insights. You'll have exposure to new technologies and technical skills.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
* You'll work closely with PMs and UX engineers to develop APIs that support our many customer facing applications
* You'll tackle difficult technical challenges from high-volume crawling to machine learning to data matching and deduplication.
* You'll do dev ops: engineers deploy and maintain production code as well as be part of the on-call rotation (every other month).
* You'll learn new tools and languages on the job like NodeJS, Python, SpaCy, Solr, Airflow, Redis, and Ansible.
Are you our next Fox?
* You've gained at least 5 years work experience as a professional software engineer.
* You write clean, modular code that is scalable and secure.
* You have built concurrent, distributed systems
* You take risks and move fast
* You balance using existing approaches with new solutions to find the right tool for the job
* DevOps experience
* Experience with Node.js, MongoDB, or ML/NLP
* You have experience with a modern web stack (such as Rails, Django, MEAN, LAMP)
More about our team
We're a team of about a dozen full-stack engineers. We're building a collaborative, diverse team of people with a passion for automating grunt work. We're hardworking but humble with a focus on constant learning and self development. We're a close-knit skulk but we also have lives outside of work.
You'll work with us in our beautiful office in downtown San Francisco, which includes amenities such as a gym and showers. Lunch is on us every day.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.