Doctor On Demand
About Doctor On Demand
Doctor On Demand's mission is to improve the world's health through compassionate care and innovation. We believe that health is personal, and means so much more than treating illness. We're proud of the care we've provided over the years and the relationships we've developed with our patients, as evidenced by the 5-star reviews we continually receive. People use our service to gain access to some of the best physicians and licensed therapists in the country, all whenever and wherever is most convenient. It's as simple as opening the Doctor On Demand app on a smartphone or computer.
Through live video visits, our hand-picked, US-trained doctors take patient history, perform an exam, and recommend a treatment plan. Prescriptions, if needed, go directly to the pharmacy of choice. While insurance isn't required, tens of millions of Americans enjoy covered medical and mental health visits through employer and health plan partnerships. To learn more about the hundreds of medical issues we treat, visit us at DoctorOnDemand.com.
About the Role
* Work closely as part of our small engineering team to build and maintain our HIPAA-compliant platform and back-end that will support our mobile and web applications
* Work as a high-productivity individual contributor with the opportunity for additional leadership roles as the team grows
* Participate in both the development of new and exciting features as well as helping us improve existing functionality.
* Design and grow our API to integrate with the nation's top health plans, health systems, and medical devices
* Extensive knowledge of Python and Django or a similar web framework
* Knowledge and experience with a scalable database technology (Postgres, MySQL, etc.)
* Experience building backend software that has scaled well
* Good understanding of distributed systems, modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
* Commitment to software development best practices (code review, automated testing and documentation)
* Prior experience with large integrations
* Experience with asynchronous task queues such as Celery
* Experience using Redis in a production environment
* Experience with Salesforce with APEX
* Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
* Experience with front-end web technologies like HTML5, CSS, JS, etc
* Be a core leading member of a small, elite product/engineering team
* Fluid work hours, fun, fast-paced environment
* Full benefits + salary + stock options
* Unlimited PTO
* 401(k) program with matching
* Meals provided several days per week
* Continuing education stipend
* Finish your day knowing you worked on a product that helps people and has saved lives
About Doctor On Demand
Doctor on Demand is a mobile app providing fast and easy access to some of the best doctors, psychologists, and other healthcare providers.