Today, our software plugs into the existing real estate market via broker-quality data feeds and a network of local real estate agents. We have a web/app feed that helps users house hunt, back-of-house software that helps agents manage transactions, and custom support tools that allow our small team to assist thousands of active buyers through the process. We take a pragmatic, piecemeal approach to crafting software with heavy emphasis on testing, measurement, and iteration.
As a backend engineer on the Buyer Experience team, you'll help us build new backends to support customer facing features in the Opendoor mobile app, and to launch our products in more markets nationwide.
You'll have the opportunity to work with a variety of backend technologies, including job queueing systems in Ruby, Airflow, Kafka, GraphQL, and AWS. Your work will need to handle scale on day one, reaching hundreds of thousands of users each month and with exacting standards for performance and stability.
We're looking for teammates who have:
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of industry experience
* Experience working with Ruby (Sidekiq), node.js, or Python
* A preference for test-driven, agile approaches and a bias towards action
* Optimism about future technology and automation
* Good references from past colleagues
* Experience with mobile development
* You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
* Domain knowledge and/or interest in real estate
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
* Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
* Flexible vacation policy
* Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
* Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
* Generous parental leave
* Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Opendoor is an online home-selling service aimed at streamlining the sales process down to a few days.