It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As a back-end software engineer on the Digital Risk and Compliance team, you will be focused on the back-end systems that power our industry leading products focused on Social, Mobile and Web security and compliance. These highly sophisticated systems are responsible for protecting the social channels of some of the largest brands in the world, as well as monitoring the mobile and web presences of many of those same brands.
You will be responsible for fixing bugs and developing tools within our back-end infrastructure. You will also be contributing to new features as you grow into our team and become a core contributor.
* Investigating issues and developing fixes where appropriate.
* Working within the the engineering team as a whole to understand our system and help build for scale.
* Building out tooling to help monitor our production systems to look for issues before they become serious.
* Working within the engineering team to build out test infrastructure.
* Developing new features as we add to our industry-leading solutions.
What you bring to the team
When it comes to hiring, we value attitude and aptitude over number of years of experience with any specific tool or technology. We assume you know how to code; we're much more interested in how you design and deliver. Having said that, we are generally looking for the following skills and experience
* At least 2 years of demonstrated experience delivering code into production cloud applications in a team environment
* Production experience with at least one interpreted language like Ruby, Perl, PHP or Python
* Solid understanding of the architecture of database-backed web applications, including web process architectures, threading, ORMs
* An innate desire to work on difficult problems and learn new systems
* Basic understanding of system administration in a Linux, Apache, MySQL environment
* Basic understanding of MySQL and relational databases
* Exposure to the basics of Enterprise-class product development: comfort with process and tools including bug tracking, IDE's, compilers, debuggers, profilers, version control systems, code coverage tools, automated testing tools, usability
* Intrinsic motivation: you fix things because they are broken and need fixing
* AWS or similar cloud infrastructure experience
* Experience with NoSQL databases, especially Cassandra
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Proofpoint is a company developing security and compliance solutions.