Some of the characteristics we're looking for:
* senior, experienced developers, who have worked on a decent number of products, have a propensity for shipping often, probably with 8-10 years of experience and amazing coding chops (those having left coding behind them-this isn't the company for you, unfortunately),
* young, raw, talented devs who can crank out code,
* clojure experts,
* people who have used functional languages in anger (Haskell, Scheme, Lisp, Clojure, Scala, OCaml, etc),
* people who love trying new cutting-edge things.
Experience we love to see:
* having built or scaled large distributed systems.
Skills you might have:
* good knowledge of algorithmic design and CS theory (informally, CS degree not required),
* writing Clojure (experience in other functional languages counts),
* designing elegant APIs,
* scalable cloud and web services,
* dev-ops including machine configuration and deployment on AWS
* low-level Linux hacking (including file-systems, kernels, databases, etc).