Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing teams within Microsoft Azure Engineering? Are you customer-obsessed constantly looking for ways to improve customer experience? Are you passionate about cloud computing and love the challenge of solving complex technical problems?
Come join us and surround yourself with people who are passionate about cloud computing, believe that extraordinary support is critical to customer success, and are fundamentally changing how we deliver support to our Azure customers transforming them into being Azure fans.
We are Azure Cloud Engineering (ACE) - part of Azure Customer Experience Team (Azure CXP) in Engineering. We are looking for a customer-obsessed, Azure Cloud Engineer for our Online Support ACE team in Redmond WA.
As an Azure Cloud Engineer for online support, you will closely monitor and respond to customer questions, representing Microsoft and Azure Engineering in these interactions. You will also be the voice of the customer and have a strong connection into Azure service teams, to identify recurring issues and feature requests to drive product improvements. If you are passionate about Cloud Services, a quick learner and enjoy helping customers, we want you!
* Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Information Technology, Computer Science Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years of experience working with enterprise customers on Cloud specific solutions, application development and deployment
* Proven history of customer-obsession, including blog posts, how-to videos, etc
* Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
* Some programming/scripting experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP) is ideal
* Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies
* Skills Required: Good understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and/or Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or more of the following domains:
* Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Networking
* Data Platform: SQL, Azure DB, Cosmos DB, HD Insights, Azure Data Factory
* Website troubleshooting experience: IIS, Azure Web Apps, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, etc.
* Application development & debugging experience: C/C++/C#, Python, Node.JS, etc.
* Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD etc.
* Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, OpenSource)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
#AZCXP #AZCXPOS #AZCXPACE
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Support Azure customers real-time through chat, screen sharing, research and call-back, to resolve variety of support incidents ranging from basic "How To" to critical and complex technical issues in a 24x7x365 global support delivery team
* Ability to go technically deep across Azure services (at least level 200-300) and actively seek solutions to customer needs and communicate trends to leadership.
* Relentlessly champion and advocate for our customers in representing their issues to engineering teams and be a change agent to develop innovative ways to resolve their issues. Turn Azure customers to Azure fans by improving support efficiency through finding opportunities to optimize existing processes and tools
* Share support insights and recommendations to customers and field teams based on support trend and topics - preventing repetition of similar issues.
* Collaborate with Azure engineering teams to not only support but deliver solutions and new capabilities for our customers most mission critical Azure deployments
* Apply an engineering mindset to eliminate top issues impacting customer experience across large and strategic sets of customers. Based on customer feedback and insights gained while supporting our top customers, partner with engineering teams to improve the Azure platform.
* Building and updating Azure product documentation to help customers deliver solutions on Azure
* Partner with Support Tooling teams to ensure support engineers experience parity with Azure commercial cloud.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.