Would you like to help largest Private Equity (PE) customers around the world and companies in their investment portfolio move to the cloud? Would you like to own the AWS Solutions Architecture technical strategy for private equity partners and companies in their investment portfolio? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud services by engaging directly with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the PE segment?
Your responsibilities will include helping define the technical strategy and delivery of programs and projects designed to track and broaden the use of the Amazon's cloud computing platform within the largest PE firms, identifying and engaging key strategic customers, integration and solutions partners, and driving the technical relationships with PE thought leaders to create significant new opportunity pipelines. You will enable the AWS sales teams to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects, Business Development and Professional Services teams to help PE customers migrate their legacy applications, and develop and build their next generation products on the cloud, leveraging migration patterns, and cloud-native application architectures (Microservices, Serverless, Containers) and application development and operations practices (Agile, DevOps, DevSecOps, and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery). You will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption in the PE segment.
The ideal candidate will possess a technical background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of our PE customers, as well as having the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to application architects, enterprise architects, platform architects, infrastructure architects and engineers, and enterprise security and compliance teams. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, and be deeply familiar with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Together with the broader PE team, helps develop the strategic plan for AWS, particularly the technical elements of the strategy and plan to engage with PE customers and partners.
* Responsible for understanding the use cases for the PE customer segment and developing migration patterns, cloud-native application architectures (Microservices, Serverless, Containers), and application development and operations practices (Agile, DevOps, DevSecOps, and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery) leveraging the AWS-based technical solutions that address those needs. This includes use of, and/or integrations with, third party solutions as well as developing references that highlight the use of AWS services in partnership with internal and external teams.
* Responsible for ensuring that the broader technical community (SAs, Professional Services consultants, Technical Account Managers, etc.) understand both the use cases, application development and operations methodology, and technology involved across the PE segment. Works with the Training and Sales Enablement teams to help develop the necessary technical skills and knowledge within the community, in order to help the team be effective in sales cycles.
* Responsible for establishing technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and can credibly drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customer and partners across the PE segment.
* Demonstrates thought leadership in the PE space, and is able to credibly represent AWS at industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
* The right person will be highly technical and analytical, and will be capable of understanding the complexities of large enterprise IT environments.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, SIs and ISVs.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.