Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
In this position you will develop highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate cloud adoption. You will help promote best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and bring expertise on how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. This position is located in Fairfax, VA, Durham NC, or remote.
What will you be doing?
* Collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholder needs. Apply and generates best practices in multiple technical domains using open source and third-party technology products and services.
* Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
* Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal technical teams.
* Capture and share best practice knowledge with the internal technical teams.
* Author or otherwise contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
* Build deep relationships with leadership at our client agencies.
What you need to know and bring?
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
* Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the IT field focusing on development projects, DevSecOps, and technical architecture specifically
* Strong architecture & design experience (at least 3 of the 10 years) of experience deploying enterprise applications on AWS.
* Expert in large scale, high performance enterprise big data application deployment and solution architecture on complex heterogeneous environments in AWS
* Must have experience in authoring thought leadership, technical white papers, and other materials
* 5+ Years' experience as a Solutions Architect
What would be also be really helpful to know?
* Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
* Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
* Strong written communication skills
* High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
* Familiar with storage in the cloud and auto-scaling
* Experience with configuration managers (Ansible, Chef)
* Experience with large-scale, high availability server architectures
* Experience with load balancers
* Professional experience architecting /operating solutions built on public clouds
Technologies (Ex: Java, React, ETL, mobile)
AWS, Redshift, Hadoop, Lambda Functions, Kinesis Firehose, Active Directory, PIV Card enablement, CloudWatch, Terraform
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Dallas, TX (TX15)