Amazon Web Services (AWS) IT Security is a high visibility team that solves security challenges at a massive scale. We are looking for those who are ready to take on a lead role in addressing security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world. Security issues at such scale and speed require a passion for engineering robust solutions to complex security challenges, as well as the ability to quickly design and build internal-facing tools to address them.
The AWS Security Infrastructure Monitoring team is looking for a focused Technical Project Manager (TPM) with strong technical skills, problem-solving abilities, and customer obsession. The ideal candidate would have excellent communication skills, the ability to influence people from customers to managers by creating win-win solutions, and the desire to be an individual contributor in securing Amazon's next-generation cloud. We are looking for an individual that can think like a security engineer, has a deep knowledge of security concepts, understands software development, and can drive initiatives in an agile manner.
Joining the AWS Security team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to build systems at the cutting edge of the cloud. The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary project management, capabilities, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a passion for creating reliable, maintainable, and secure systems. The candidate should be open to new challenges, proficient at multi-tasking, innovative, self-directed, and a great team player. Candidates should drive continuous process improvement and collaborate effectively with cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement solutions. The candidate will interact with a broad cross-section of the Amazon organization, spanning a wide range of technologies.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Lead ambiguous and undefined problems to resolution in the face of uncertainty
* Possess extensive knowledge of process improvement, team building, and strategic development
* Demonstrate the ability to provide both structured and creative thinking in a dynamic, evolving, multi team-based environment
* Possess a strong understanding of core information security principles and associated risk management principles
* Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of management, building trust across the organization, and demonstrating discretion with sensitive information
* Show ownership and leadership skills in coordinating projects across multiple teams, driving them to successful conclusion while building strong, lasting relationships with both internal and external customers
* Demonstrate mastery in developing and collecting metrics that drive continuous improvement of an operational team
* Possess deep customer empathy and demonstrated ownership of customer-facing issue resolution
* Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while driving teams to complete goals
* Demonstrate the ability to break abstract goals into attainable, measurable work items
* Have familiarity operating within federal government organizations or large corporations
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.