Screening Services creates a safe workplace for all Amazonians by delivering pre and in-employment background checks and drug tests. Amazon is the fastest growing large employer in the world, and we need to deliver screening services at the fastest rate, with the highest quality, and with the maximum flexibility - a unique business problem that no other company in the world is facing. The diversity of workers at Amazon is unprecedented, and this creates a greenfield opportunity for a new leader.
As Program Manager for Amazon Web Services (AWS) Screening, you will establish and manage a new service to deliver on Amazon's contractual commitments to our AWS customers. Your goal will be to create and execute on a strategy to service the high diversity of AWS customers across all industries, some requiring unique services that will need to be invented and sustained.
You will interact with a fast-moving customer, and your challenge will be to deliver an optimized and flexible shared service (consisting on vendors and operations) that responds quickly to diversifying needs but remains accurate and compliant. You will require data-driven judgment, and be able to earn trust with your customers. Core responsibilities will include:
* Create, own and continuously improve the process of obtaining Customer-Required Background Checks; coordinating all aspects of their completion, performing work where possible and assigning and tracking completion by others as needed
* Establish SLAs, KPIs and Improvement goals; regularly report out to key stakeholders
* Create documented standards for AWS Sales, to build repeatable personnel suitability requirements for customer engagements, and thus, deliver a more efficient background check service.
* Adjudicate when required, especially in complex scenarios requiring high judgment and coordination.
* Procure and manage new vendors to fulfill commitments where capability is unavailable with existing vendors.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
* Managing a service, business or product, with demonstrated improvement in results.
* Successful project delivery, particularly in deploying global services and technologies at scale.
* Documenting business requirements and specifications, working cross-functionally with customers, legal, service teams, technology, and vendors.
* Tracking and reporting on project or service health, including quality, cost, speed, and project status. Must be able to dive deep into data.
* Demonstrating a bias for action and an ability to deal with great ambiguity.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.