Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. Our services scale to staggering levels, are highly distributed, and really fun to work with. The AWS Region Services team works to deliver the security, speed, and value of the AWS Cloud to US Government focused customers. We think big and look ahead to identify challenges and opportunities down the road that will impact and define AWS's path with public sector partners in the future.
Customer challenges in information security and rapid scaling of data are growing incredibly fast. As a Technical Program Manager on the AWS Region Services team you will be the technical leader of projects spanning Infrastructure and Software to address our customers' challenges. Amazon's vision is to be the world's most consumer-centric company. You will work across business, product, and development teams to balance cost, schedule, and technical variables to deliver projects that delight our customers. You will manage multiple-projects, spanning a number of technology areas.
In order to meet our customers' high standards we hold each other and ourselves to higher ones. You will work with really smart people, who are fun to be around, and who are always pushing you to learn more. You will be responsible for solving big problems, where answers need to be invented, and roads are not yet paved. You will be a team builder, driving self-organizing teams.
To be a successful candidate you need to be motivated by putting your customers first; you don't rest until the customer is happy. You need a strong technical background, are detail driven, and have excellent problem solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner, and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You learn from your mistakes, and you love working with really smart people. You need a solid understanding of project management fundamentals (e.g. business case, RTG, risk management, schedule, and negotiation). You are comfortable briefing senior leadership, even when you have bad news; you can communicate effectively with business and technical teams both verbally and in writing.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Lead initiatives and manage full lifecycle of projects by working closely with teams across all of AWS: hardware, software, and network engineering as well as product management, data center operations, supply chain, procurement, and capacity management.
* Collaborate with service owners and partner teams to define deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation for product launches, ad-hoc projects and programs.
* Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical
* Clearly communicate with technical owners, product managers, and upper management, verbally and in writing.
* Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, throughput and output quality.
Have Questions? Want to Apply? Have someone to Refer?
Contact Josh May directly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.