FI Consulting is seeking a full-time Software Developer (AWS / Java) based out of our Arlington, VA Headquarters. FI develops, deploys and maintains a wide variety of applications for its commercial and government clients. This position supports the full lifecycle of development and requires a client-facing, consultative approach to solutions delivery.
This is a developer role for building highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. Solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure.
The developer should be able to work independently to design and implement high quality web services. The candidate should be a good team player and individual contributor.
* At least 7 years of experience in software development with Java
* At least 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and AWS SDK
* At least 2 years of experience with SQL in RDBMS; PostgreSQL is preferred
* 7+ years of experience with Agile practices
* 1+ year of experience with CI/CD, test & deployment automation (Jenkins, GitHub, CloudFormation, ATDD, Docker)
* Working with large datasets, data frames, and complex workflows
* Significant experience with Python including PySpark, Pandas and NumPy
* Experience with regression and machine learning techniques
* Familiarity with the mortgage industry
Who We Are: FI Consulting is a 65-person professional services firm that helps government and commercial financial institutions solve hard problems in data, analytics, modeling, and technology. Our professionals are specialists with expertise across a range of fields, for example:
* Financial and economic modeling
* Data analytics & visualization
* Financial products and markets
* Economics and statistics
* Business process management and re-engineering
Our Company Values & Operates on:
* A Commitment to Creating Value for our Clients and our Employees
* A Flat Management Structure that is Still Led by one of the Original Founders
* An Emphasis on Teamwork and Cooperation
* Employee Development and Career Growth
* Continuous Improvement
* An Entrepreneurial Culture that Rewards Finding, Developing, and Owning Business
What its really like to Work for Us:
You will work with a team of smart, talented people in a culture that is simultaneously driven, collegial, and supportive. We set high expectations for employees in the areas of project delivery excellence, building trusted client relationships, and continuous improvement. We insist on teamwork and collaboration.
FLSA Designation - This is an exempt position
FI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
FI Consulting participates in E-Verify