Fivesky is looking for a highly motivated and talented AWS Engineer to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging team of experts to build scalable enterprise platforms in AWS. The ideal candidate is responsible for cloud and DevOps developing CI/CD pipelines and core AWS infrastructure.
As the AWS Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Automating / orchestrating and configuring infrastructure deployments
* Migrating enterprise applications to cloud platforms
* Designing and deploying applications to the proper services
* Working with global teams, vendors and PMs providing best cloud solutions and applying best practices
* Supporting security policies, standards, and processes based on current and previous business requirements.
* Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation
* Partnering with operations teams to onboard BAU work and automation to the appropriate groups
* Creating and deploying robust and reusable config management solutions
* Bachelor's in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
* 5+ years working in an infrastructure environment
* 3 years of experience working with AWS (AWS Certified Architect Preferred)
* Financial services a plus
Skills and Experience:
* Solid experience working with TerraForm for Infrastructure as Code (IAC) in AWS
* Knowledge of CloudFormation for provisioning IT resources
* Infrastructure background working with servers, virtualization and cloud compute
* Experience implementing rule based monitors and creating alerts/dashboards for continuous requirements monitoring
* Extremely comfortable with security like SAML, OAuth/OpenID, Kerberos, Access etc..
* Architecting and maintaining HA (High-availability) production systems
* Experience working with large scale collaboration systems (GIT, Jenkins)
* Able to work in a Linux and Windows Environment
* Strong scripting skills (Python, Ansible, Linux Shell, Perl, or PowerShell)
* Ability to code in Python highly desirable
* Experience configuring and installing software
* Knowledge of systems monitoring tools in a cloud environment
* Chef or Puppet for automation desired
* Good interpersonal skills like being a great teammate and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences
* Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities
* Highly motivated individual with the ability to work in an adaptable environment
* Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects
* Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress
* Strong presentation and writing skills
Our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York City. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.