PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR's Information Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
The DevOps Engineer provides strategy and implementation services that enable Cloud Services team to achieve substantial cost reduction and business agility benefits through the use of DevOps and continuous integration and delivery processes. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for technical leadership and delivery in our AWS shared services across PACCAR. The engineer assists in the development of enterprise AWS DevOps strategies and leads parts of it to implementation. Must have strong problem solving abilities, be able to work both at high and low levels of detail, have excellent communication skills.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Work with System Engineers, Developers, Architects, and other DevOps engineers to design and implement AWS infrastructure.
* Work with other technical teams to create system and workflow information visible through monitoring systems and web based dashboards.
* Develop tools and implement systems to EC2 server and other AWS infrastructure provisioning.
* Maintain and improve configuration management platform keeping up with the current technologies in the space.
* Implement processes and work with systems to deploy applications to AWS development and production environments.
* Maintain code and scripting version control repositories and related systems supporting initiatives around "infrastructure as code".
* Be a technical resource for merge requests, assisting others in writing scripts, and answer questions about use of the infrastructure.
* Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the build, deployment, and continuous integration process.
* Document build, continuous integration and deployment processes.
* Leverage scripting languages to build automated solutions and integrations on an ad-hoc basis. Languages often include PowerShell, BASH, Perl, Ruby and Python across both Windows and Linux systems.
* Problem Solving in its many forms, from epic to the mundane.
* Infrastructure Stewardship.
* Reduce complexity wherever possible - Automate the handling of it everywhere else.
* Develop Tools and Automation Software.
* Design and Documentation of Cloud Architecture Solutions.
* Perform Infrastructure Analysis, Anomaly Detection
* Respond to System Performance and Security Events
* Defend the System against Unsustainable or Unreliable Components
* Social Stewardship
* Participate in Code Review
* Mentor and Train Peers
* Engage in Constant-Learning in support of our Environments
* Compose Root Cause Analysis Reports
* Improve Infrastructure Operations
* Ensures security is integrated into all architecture solutions to meet compliance standards.
* Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
* Contribute to and maintain system standards.
* Oversight and development of internally automated processes.
* 3+ years of AWS DevOps experience. AWS DevOps Solution Architecture Associate certified is preferred.
* Strong Python knowledge
* A strong understanding of networking and security basics are mandatory.
* 3+ years of experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, k8s, EKS).
* Experience in building CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Maven/Gradle
* Experience with cloud resource provisioning tools like CloudFormtion, Terraform
* Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as within a team, and work well to meet deadlines within short time constraints
* Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
* Bachelors' degree in Computer Science
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Consulting, EMR, Engineer, Computer Science, Linux, Technology, Healthcare, Engineering
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.