The AWS Data Center Global Services team is looking for an exceptional individual to pioneer the next generation of cloud based automation systems for AWS data centers. We are passionate about controls and get our energy through challenge, innovation and design.
As part of the global engineering design team, you will work with highly motivated experts and innovators in the design and deployment of controls solutions. The ideal candidate is never satisfied with the current state and continuously tests the boundaries of what is possible.
If you are passionate about the Customer Experience, think and act with a global perspective and have the ability to contribute to sophisticated innovations in the area of building controls and automation initiatives, this is the challenge you are looking for!
Controls Design Engineering (CDE)
The CDE team provides Building Management System (BMS) and Electrical Power Monitoring System (EPMS) design globally.
The team's goal is to deliver solutions for data center controls system configurations, as well as overall mechanical and electrical design practices. Due to the critical nature and complexity of designing, installing, and maintaining a BMS/EPMS, the CDE team is the primary owner of the associated specification, points list and scope documents within a large infrastructure engineering team.
The CDE team is a single point of contact for multiple internal and external customers, uniting the efforts associated with:
* New construction builds
* Legacy site enhancement projects
* Data center service projects
Role Responsibilities and Requirements
* Build scripts and tools for automation of system provisioning, deployment, upgrade and scaling
* Work with business and engineering teams to understand customer issues and to investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative solutions
* Collaborate with customers, engineers and architects to build highly scalable and available controls solutions
* Identify, troubleshoot and resolve performance issues in services and deployments
* Innovation of new solutions to support initiative, team, and company goals
* Ownership of full system deployment and administration, including security patching, green field deployment, remote authorization and account administration
* Networking, including building robust, secure networks with Intrusion Detection
* Provide guidance on application security
* Have knowledge of the controls space including BMS/EPMS programming concepts, control diagrams, industrial HVAC, electrical line-ups, one line diagrams, and complex environmental and electrical concepts
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.