Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The SQL/ETL Developer is responsible for the use of cutting edge Microsoft technologies to shape our Web, Service, Sales and Marketing data.
Key duties of the position include: implementing technology improvements to our Data Warehouse environment, writing and executing Windows shell scripts; implementing and enhancing ETL programs using SSIS, SSAS and SSRS against our Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Data Warehouse, applying database skills including T-SQL, procedures, indexing and query tuning; contributing to technical architectural planning, data modeling, process flow documentation and the design and development of innovative solutions for the business; creating technical designs and mapping specifications; developing and testing extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes; defining and capturing metadata and rules associated with ETL processes; adapting ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements; working with both technical staff and business partners to translate requirements into technical implementations; performing unit and system test and validation tasks; estimating time to deliver and participating in an Agile team approach; maintaining technical and user documentation; providing on-call support of the Data Warehouse nightly and monthly processing; and participating in both technology and business initiatives.
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with ability to analyze business requirements to determine processing flow, user requirements and inter-dependencies of multiple information systems.
* Strong problem solving skill with the ability to analyze and break down a problem to identify root cause
* Experience with SDLC Required
* Experience with Agile methodology a plus
* Familiar with formal development processes including Agile Scrum the use of Source control/elevation tools such as TFS
* Experienced in multi dimensional cube modeling
* Experience in developing Data marts and OLAP cubes using SSAS/MDX
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
* 3+ years professional experience in hands-on experience in database developing using SQL Server 2008/2012
* 3+ years of experience in SSIS and SSRS
* In-depth knowledge of relational database design, T-SQL, creating stored procedures, views, user defined functions, triggers
* Strong in performance tuning especially tuning complex queries, procedures and indexing strategies
* Experience with SSAS and working with MDX queries a plus
* Experience with .Net a plus
* Working experience in financial industry preferred
* Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
CIT provides banking and related services to commercial and individual customers.