The Senior Enterprise Application Architect/Tech Lead position is located in Jersey City or Whitehouse Station, NJ where Chubb's North American Enterprise Architecture practice and Business units are headquartered. We are looking for a Senior Applications Architect/Tech Lead with creative thinking in a large enterprise environment with global impact. The ideal candidate should be eager to join and positively contribute to a team that is truly effective in driving business solutions that add value to the Enterprise Architecture group for various lines practice. Come join some of the top talent in the industry and be a free thinker, developing new solutions, collaborating and winning in a fast-paced and professionally rewarding environment.
This position is for a large-scale, Enterprise scale global system implementation in the P&C industry to lead solutions design, analyze business and functional requirements, lead integration design, and ensure designs adhere to industry best practices and corporate technology standards. Research and assess new technologies and development tools and make recommendations. Enable Chubb's digital architecture framework, model and capabilities and their adoption for an effective design and development of digital solutions across the enterprise and their integration into targeted business ecosystems. The primary focus will be on Policy Admin system such as Duck Creek and messaging solutions such as Kafka, Containerization such as Kubernetes / Docker etc.
* 2 years' experience in Policy Admin system such as Duck Creek and messaging solutions such as Kafka, Containerization solutions such as Kubernetes / Docker etc
* 2 years' experience with Azure Stack experience. Azure Cloud, Azure API Gateway, Azure Active Directory and Micro Services Azure App Service experience.
* 3 years of experience with highly available, distributed applications.
* 2 years of experience with cloud PaaS environment, setup security and LDAP.
* 6 years of experience with Enterprise wide Solutions architecture and delivery. Experience building/architecting B2B Service oriented multi-tiered applications. Experience with vendor solutions like Duck Creek and Guidewire are preferred. Prior development (SDLC) experience is must.
* 6 years of overall experience as an architect. Architectural pedigree earned by delivering well designed solutions for the business. A proper candidate should be able to reference experiences in career that helped shape their technical proficiency and breadth of knowledge.
* Strong command of Java / .NET development, tooling and environments. Expert knowledge in other technology areas will be considered as well. This is not a role for a developer who wants to become an architect but rather a season architect who thinks like an architect and has development experience as part of their overall toolkit.
* Focus and understanding of the importance of non-functional requirements related to usability, reliability, performance, maintainability, and security. Understands tools, approaches and processes working within an organization's environment to optimize solutions and mitigate risks.
* Passionate technologist and lifelong learner to stay abreast of the evolving needs in business and technology.
* Understanding and knowledge of XML technologies and tools including XML, XML Schema, XPath, and XSLT and how they can be effectively leveraged in data and web solutions. Understand JSON, Digital landscape, Mobile design patterns, and Integration technologies using Biztalk/LogicApps.
* Experience working on projects with a large source code base with multiple teams engaged. Success establishing the appropriate source code structure and setting management practices to ensure long term maintainability and reliability.
* Experience working directly with technology, business stakeholders/leadership in formulating technical requirements to solve business problems.
* Must have sufficient leadership and communication skills to prepare and facilitate solution workshops with multi-disciplinary teams in an open-minded and engaging manner.
* Recommends and participates in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture portfolio with Policy Admin system such as Duck Creek and messaging solutions such as Kafka, Containerization solutions such as Kubernetes / Docker.
* Researches overall Solutions on the market for particular technical requirements and business needs primarily focusing on Azure Cloud Solutions and Architecture.
* Conducts and/or actively participates in meetings related to the designated project/s, both locally and internationally, with clients and/or partners.
* Advises and recommends enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies.
* Recommends and participates in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise's long-term business objectives.
* Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
* Participates in and manages Architecture Working Groups for the development and maintenance of the EA.
* Collaborates with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine conformance with the EA. Recommends the most suitable technical architecture and defines the solution at a high levels.
* Recommends and participates in the development of architecture blueprints for related systems.
* Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption.
* Identifies implementation risks and analyses potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives.
* Recommends and participates in the design and implementation of standards, tools and methodologies.
* Participates in the design and implementation of IT service management standards, tools and methodologies.
BS/MS Degree in Computer Science preferred.