As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for executing system engineering practices for New Glenn Avionics Systems. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of avionics development; including design, verification and qualification / certification of launch vehicle avionics systems; across the entire product life-cycle (concept to launch), in a direct hands-on manner. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Drive New Glenn avionics team systems engineering activities at all stages of development life cycle in accordance with Blue Origin standards and practices to assure flight avionics satisfy mission assurance and quality objectives
* Drive avionics system engineering requirements development, decomposition, verification and traceability
* Drive avionics fault hazard analyses, fault tolerance analyses, failure modes effects and criticality analyses, risk analyses, reliability analyses and safety assessments and guide overall design assurance and quality
* Support development of design specifications, interface control documents and other relevant avionics system engineering documentation
* Support verification planning, execution and analysis of avionics systems to assess progress towards test objectives and compliance with requirements
* Support development and review of engineering change requests, risks, and waivers
* Support peer and gated reviews of avionics systems, including engagement with external customers and regulatory authorities
* Effectively track, evaluate and communicate avionics system engineering metrics, status, risks, and opportunities
* Represent the avionics subsystems in cross-functional trades and technical decisions.
* Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or a related technical field
* 5+ years system engineering development experience across the entire product life cycle - preferably with aerospace hardware
* Knowledge of systems engineering practices; including requirements development, verification planning and traceability, integration and test data analyses
* Experience in project planning and demonstrated leadership supporting project execution to performance, schedule and cost targets
* Strong written and verbal communication skills; strength in teaming and collaboration in a diverse work environment, self-starter.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience with system safety analysis including Architecture Safety Assessments (ASA), Functional Hazards Analysis (FHA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), and Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
* Experience in reliability, maintainability and supportability analyses; and failure investigations
* Experience with safety and mission critical hardware and software development
* Experience with one or more of the following standards: NASA-STD-8719.13; RTCA DO-178, DO-254; MIL-STD-882E, MIL-STD-1540; ARP-4754, etc.
* Experience developing solutions in one ore more specific avionics disciplines (embedded controls, communications, computing, guidance and navigation, power, etc)
* Experience using the following, or similar, software tools: PTC Windchill for Configuration Management, DOORS or DOORS Next Generation for requirements capture and verification traceability, JIRA for issue management, and MBSE tools; exposure to C/C++, Python, Matlab/Simulink, PTC CREO, and Altium or Cadence OrCAD.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.