Collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the artifacts as needed. Must be able to work with limited to moderate direct supervision. Uses a broad and deep understanding of technical concepts in multiple specialized fields to develop solutions to problems and critical design issues. Escalates complex or consequential issues to management. Identifies and directs changes through appropriate review and approval mechanisms. Study and analyze the performance and capacities of the systems and peripheral equipment/systems and prepares plans for future expansion and upgrades.
Understands and promotes the GM Financial policy on Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) to ensure ongoing adherence to all relevant compliance regulations that may govern the GM Financial business and complete all regulatory knowledge training where applicable in a timely fashion.Plan, prioritize, and provide vision on software changes and fixes.
* Assist in the support of EMC Avamar, Data Domain, and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. * Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of Avamar, Data Domain, Tivoli Storage Manager, and SAN storage while preserving the optimal performance of hardware and software * Escalates complex or consequential issues to management. * Identifies and directs changes through appropriate review and approval mechanisms.
* Local and wide area networking concepts, principles and protocols * Infrastructure design and management * Working knowledge of management processes such as personnel administration, planning and budgeting * Working knowledge of Intel platforms, iSeries and pSeries servers * Understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices and processes * Experience with UML Design Tools * Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, OSI model and imp subnetting * High level understanding of technology infrastructure, security concepts and platforms * Demonstrated success in project management * Advanced knowledge of IBM pSeries hardware, operating systems and TSM backup infrastructure * Advanced knowledge of the OSI model and security that is associated with each layer * Understanding of routing and switching protocols as they relate to load balancing * Understanding of application layer protocols including HTTP, SSH, SSL, and DNS * Strong understanding of application layer protocols including HTTP, SSH, SSL, and DNS * Knowledge and stay abreast on the latest security and privacy legislation, regulations, advisories, alerts and vulnerabilities * Knowledge of IT security processes and controls as well as IT infrastructure and networking technical knowledge
* Ability to think strategically and make collaborative decisions * Ability to apply structured analysis methods to various types of data to establish trends, determine variability and business impact * Experience with alternate management methods using SSH, serial connections, and the command-line interface TMSH * Ability to effectively negotiate with vendors on upgrades and acquisitions * Strong level IT security processes and controls knowledge as well as IT infrastructure and networking technical knowledge * Experience with technical writing * Experience in documentation tools such as Visio and Microsoft Office products * Information security standards/frameworks (i.e., NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO 27001) skills * Experience with Network and VLAN segmentation
* High School Diploma required
* 0 - 2 years' of experience as backup systems Engineer preferred