AV Operations Engineer
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
The AV Operations Engineer will be based in the Redwood City, CA headquarters and will lead and coordinate our AV events and AV operations programs at Equinix. As AV operations lead, the engineer will be responsible AV events (All-Hands meetings, webinars, white glove) as well as be responsible for day to day operations, maintenance and performance for Equinix's global conference room technology ecosystem. As a team member of the Global Unified Communications team within the Global Technology Services organization, this position will partner with the Helpdesk, AV, Telecom and Network Operations teams, and externally with premier AV Vendors.
* Coordinate and lead IT stewardship of AV and Zoom technology across conference center events, EBC/Executive White Glove calls, and All-Hands Meetings. Coordinate the usage of a global team calendar for tracking and reporting of such events
* Provides hands-on operational support in the running of AV events both on-site/in-person and virtually, including the usage of any audio, video, or AV equipment used in the operation of the event
* Responsible for day-to-day AV and Zoom Room incident response
* Enhance the reliability of our environment, ensuring continual improvement of existing and future deployments
* Document, maintain and promote a World Class AV & conference room environment
* Collaborate with a global End User Technology team to ensure daily tracking, monitoring, and reporting of a global conference room and AV environment
* Report weekly on conference room environment metrics and KPI's
* Assist as an IT project member for conference room deployments
* 3+ years of AV and conference room operational experience
* 1+ years of experience in AV event and AV white glove support
* AV live event and production experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications, or equivalent
* Significant experience with AV and conference room technology across multiple vendors and technologies. Example vendors: Zoom, Logitech, Microsoft, Polycom. Example technologies: Digital signage, video conferencing, audio conferencing, webcasting, HDMI/VGA, control systems, DSP, and more.
* Deep knowledge of video conferencing and AV hardware
* At Equinix, we put the CUSTOMER at the center of everything we do. All qualified candidates must provide world class customer service
* STRONG written and verbal communication skills. Will be required to interface directly with top leaders in our company
* Must possess an analytical mindset that can help gather data and build reports about the overall trajectory of the AV/UC environment
* Certification(s) in AV, CTS, ITIL a plus
* Self-starter that takes ownership for keeping abreast of new technology developments for current and future application to job duties
* A problem solver that can troubleshoot and diagnose issues within all portions of the AV ecosystem
* Ability to travel to sites required
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equinix is a data center and colocation provider for enterprise networks.