Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the "brain" and "nervous system" for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv's Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv's Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visitwww.aptiv.com/our-journey and see ourwww.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
We are looking for an Autonomous Vehicle Systems Readiness Engineer to ensure our operational test vehicles are fully ready for real-world driving and testing.
Things you'll get to work on:
* Repair, maintain, calibrate, test, and validate electrical and mechanical systems
* Collaborate with Systems Engineers to develop technical solutions related to the operation and performance of autonomous vehicle systems
* Tracking the status of retrofits and upgrades to vehicles
* Inspect and maintain equipment using debugging tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, vector CAN analysis software and tools, and PC-based diagnostic software
* Triage, troubleshoot, and repair failures of autonomous vehicle hardware
* Certifying autonomous vehicle readiness for daily R&D usage
* Performing sensor calibrations, software upgrades, firmware updates, hardware changes
* Ability to bring up autonomous vehicle system and verify its functionality and performance to make it suitable for on-road operations.
Education and Experience we want from you:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science
* Highly skilled in diagnosing automotive and robotic systems
* Knowledge of modern systems and automotive diagnostic procedures
* Capable of working independently to quickly overcome challenges without supervision
* Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
* Proficient in communicating with other technicians, software engineers, and executives
* Experienced with computer system architecture, lidars, radars, cameras, CAN bus, and data networks
* Ability to troubleshoot computers, software and network infrastructure
* Working knowledge of programming languages such as Python/C++/Matlab
* Experience working in a Linux based troubleshooting environment.
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?