We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
The Autonomous Systems Embedded Software Engineer works at Bell's headquarters facility in Ft. Worth, TX, and will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
* Defining, selecting, integrating and processing sensor packages to facilitate reliable and redundant autonomous performance of complex aircraft missions and sub-system functions.
* Collection, processing, and fusion of integrated sensor data to enable Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) mission performance in complex environments including; GPS denied, contested, degraded comms, commercial airspace and degraded visual environment.
* Developing robust real-time algorithms for onboard system application
* Contributing to the overall architecture and design of the autonomous software and integrating sensors and components into the overall system through clearly defined interfaces and middleware
* Contributing to the overall software quality by applying best-practice software engineering methods, including code-reviews, design guidelines, refactoring, unit and regression testing
* Testing individual software modules as well as the entire system through pre-recorded sequences, simulations, and directly in the autonomous vehicle
* Collaborating with other teams and transferring knowledge gained on advanced technology
* Interact with internal and external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between organizations.
* Guiding the successful resolution of engineering problems (serves as a consulting resource of engineering knowledge and applies the latest technological advancements to the problem).
* Documenting findings, communicating results to engineering staff, making technical presentations, and may represent the organization as the prime technical contact on small identifiable projects.
* Providing direction to design or technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
* Acting as spokesperson and representing the technical capabilities of the group.
* Bachelor's Degree is required. Major in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics is preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Electrical, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering will be considered with sufficient software development experience.
* Master's Degree in the Engineering disciplines mentioned above is preferred.
* Years of experience: Bell is considering candidates at all experience levels.
* Ability to understand, develop and implement complex algorithms and software projects
* Excellent skills in scripting/programming: Python, C/C
* Experience with Linux operating systems and shells
* Excellent theoretical background in real time operating systems, control theory
* Good knowledge in different sensor measuring principles: monocular camera, stereo camera, LiDAR, Radar
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.