Automotive SW Test and Validation Engineer
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are currently seeking an Automotive Test and Validation Engineer. This position requires a professional who will work with the integration team to design and implement subsystem, system and vehicle level tests and who will define validation criteria for various systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
* Work with integration engineers to identify, generate and implement test cases and validation criteria for a system under test
* Work with Test managers to configure test setups and test runs according to the test plan
* Work with integration to design and build test benches to test and validate and high voltage and low voltage systems.
* Help identify gaps in requirements and work with the relevant engineers to update the requirement documents accordingly.
* Work with functional safety engineers to develop test cases and validation criteria to satisfy Functional Safety requirements as per ISO 26262.
* Work with the relevant engineers to meet diagnostic coverage requirements.
* Troubleshoot various systems and ECUs using lab and measurement equipment including power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeters as well as tools such as Vector CANoe, CANalyzer etc.
* Develop test automation, automate test tools, generate and improve automation scripts.
* Run tests at various levels of integration, document and report test results
* Document and track issues as appropriate and participate in triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
* Participate in the design of a world-class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement.
* 1+ years of automotive testing experience.
* Moderate knowledge of Python/Perl/CAPL scripting language.
* Hands-on skills to design, build and bring up test benches.
* Knowledge and experience with automotive communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, UDS and related tools to measure and command signals, though scripting or otherwise.
* Strong knowledge of EV vehicle operation.
* Knowledge of FMVSS and SAE standards and practices.
* Strong knowledge of Vector CAN and Diagnostic analysis tools
* Bachelor of Science (Master of Science preferred), in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Automotive, Computer Science, or other related fields.
Be part of something amazing:
Come work alongside some of the best and most accomplished minds in the industry. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, Lucid Motors is making significant breakthroughs in clean technology.
Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we'd love to have you join our team!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate the differences that make up our team, our products, and our community.
About Lucid Motors
Lucid Motors is a luxury mobility company reimagining what a car can be.