ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for managing and executing the testing of our advanced insurance applications and platform. You will need to learn and understand our product at a detailed level and coordinate with developers and the product team to execute your primary responsibilities, including:
* Lead software test projects
* Review development stories and help define the right test criteria
* Design, develop, execute, and maintain manual and automation tests and test data
* Automate back-end, API, and front-end test cases in a complex multi-product, multi-services environment using tools such as Selenium Protractor or our inhouse testing framework
* Define and create testing framework(s) as needed
* Review and analyze results of test cases
* Analyze failures and collaborate with developers to ensure root cause is investigated
* Drive efficiencies to improve process and technical implementations
* Prepare documentation summarizing test results and providing clear status reports
* Communicate with developers and product managers on specific application issues
* Prioritize QA issues and facilitate issue resolution
* Work with product or project managers to establish timing and ensure timely completion of QA deliverables
* Work in close collaboration with developers and other test engineers to produce high quality products and release on time
* Develop and maintain QA guidelines and process documentation
* Minimum 4 years' QA experience on web applications in multi-application production environments
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science (or other related field i.e., Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, International equivalent) or equivalent work experience
* Experience with various testing methodologies and areas of focus, including regression testing, adhoc testing, security testing, user interface testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills and willingness to look into code bases outside one's direct responsibility to identify potential failure points
* Extensive experience with the Agile methodology and frequent releases
* Experience in multi-platform testing (desktop, tablet, mobile) and multi-browser testing
* Hands-on test Automation Experience in Selenium testing, web/mobile applications, API Automation and Database Testing.
* Experience writing automation testing frameworks and tools
* Hands on experience in SOAP/RESTful APIs automation using SOAPUI Pro or Postman
* Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and best practices including build and source control automation tools Jenkins and Git
* Experience with SQL queries
* Experience with quality assurance metrics and reporting
* Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
* Must be able to work full-time from our Manhattan office
You must be a high achiever with a strong sense of ownership and a strong desire to learn.
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
Andiamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.