What you'll be doing...
Verizon is in search of an Automation & Platform Product Architect in the SDN/NFV area with a special focus on enabling orchestration and assurance for the Enterprise & SMB segments. Software Defined-Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) are disruptive technologies that will reshape the IP and Managed Services portfolio. The total service provider NFV market will grow from $7.3 billion in 2015 to almost $29B in 2020, with a CAGR of 32% with revenue from outsourced services for NFV projects growing from $4.7B in 2015 to $13.7B in 2020 (IHS -January 2017). Verizon holds a coveted leadership position in the 2017 Gartner global network services magic quadrant.
Ideal candidate should be comfortable in fast paced, results oriented and innovative environment focused on next generation network use cases using SDN/NFV technology. Ideally you have experience in managed network services like SD-WAN, Wi-Fi, Analytics or other rising areas of network focus and want to transform managed services with the latest in SDN/NFV. Knowledge in the areas of managed services, cloud, SDN/NFV and virtualization (OpenStack & other virtualization platforms) are required.
Looking for strong entrepreneurial attitude able to coordinate both business and technology strategy based on market trends.
Responsibilities will include start-to-finish activities through both direct and indirect analysis: market intelligence, customer feedback, prevailing technologies, proof-of-concept, and driving the principal architecture. The candidate should be able to work in an agile environment across stakeholder organizations (including Product Management, Operations, Order Management, Billing, etc.).The role requires cross-functional communication and decision making in order to drive Managed Services objectives.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel up to 25 %.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Ten or more years of technology experience (Network, Cloud, Application Management, Security).
* Technical knowledge of network (MPLS, internet, wireless) and cloud platforms (OpenStack, AWS, Azure, etc.).
* Strong Product Development background with key focus on customer experience journey.
* Strong technical background to provide systems perspective and expertise for orchestration and assurance products, services and E2E solutions.
* Knowledge and industry expertise to provide systems perspective and expertise for existing SDN/NFV technologies and vendors.
* Excellent communication skills and lead discussions with both technical and customer facing groups.
* Out of the box thinking to identify new vendors, use cases and market opportunities for next generation managed services with SDN and NFV technologies.
* Experience in agile IT development processes and collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, etc.) as well as vendor management.
* Represent Verizon at industry conferences, tradeshows and other partner events. Leadership acting as a change agent in the managed services space using SDN/NFV to create/enable solutions for various channels such as large enterprise, indirect, federal/government and small/medium business markets.
* Five or more years of managed services leadership and SDN/NFV experience, preferably a blend of wireless/wireline technologies in applications, virtualization, security and network.
* Experience in crafting impactful messaging to executive internal/external audiences using PowerPoint/Word and meaningful/concise communication to peer groups via e-mail.
* Experience developing virtualized application integration frameworks both in cloud and in x86 based hardware.
* Experience in ideation or development of cutting edge applications like Mobile Edge Computing, Blockchain.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.