Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
* Gather requirements from the Business Analyst to understand the client's requirements and the required skill sets.
* Analyze the time and effort required based on the initial estimation submitted by the Test Analyst.
* Seek review inputs on resourcing and estimation from the Test Manager.
* Create case studies to highlight experience / credentials for the proposals.
* Address clients' queries in partnership with the BD team.
* Understand architecture design and peak volume transfer.
* Identify and assess different tools and propose the tool that matches with the clients' requirements in collaboration with the Project Manager.
* Gather inputs from the business analyst and development team to understand technology, business requirements, test data requirements and application.
* Seek review inputs on reverse KT document from the client.
* Participate in KT session in case of new tools and technologies.
* Participate in the client meeting to understand the requirement.
* Design KT plan (that includes KT scope, schedule, and deliverables like reverse KT document) and share the same with the customer.
* Provide training to the associates as a part of reverse KT.
* Create portals to upload customer details, application and testing artefacts.
* Seek signoff on the requirement document (eg SRD) in coordination with different stakeholders (Development Team Lead, Business Sponsors, Technology lead, Project Manager, BA, Requirement Analyst).
* Create ROM (rough order magnitude) estimation to understand feasibility of the requirement.
* Support the Test Manager in performing high level impact analysis.
* Only For Onsite Coordinator: Provide support to BA at client side for identification/documentation of the requirements based on the experience.
Test Requirement Study:
* Understand and analyze the requirements (from the requirement document) to identify the testable requirements.
* Prioritize the requirements based on the time required.
* Create the traceability matrix.
* Create requirement query tracker (or clarification document) to track any clarification.
* Identify gaps in the requirements and take actions to close the same.
* Create ambiguity document (or clarification document) to track any clarification.
* Monitor the defects logged at the requirement stage.
* Identify gaps in the requirements and take actions to close the same.
* If requested, identify and document the test data requirement for the complicated projects.
* Review test data, screen flow documents etc Evaluate and identify various tools to aid test execution based on the understanding of the requirement.
* Create the test strategy (that includes release date, type of testing, scope of the project, detail explanation of particular release, risk, critical defects) for small and medium projects.
* Seek review from the onsite team and seek sign off from the client on the same.
* Create/Review test plans (covering scope, risk, responsibility, timelines, resource (Man /Machine), deployment, exit/entry criteria etc).
* Identify the skill sets required and resources for the project.
* Seek review inputs from different stakeholders (Business Sponsors, Development Leads, Business Analyst, Project Managers).
* Seek sign off from the client on the same.
* Review/Create detailed estimate based on the scope and understanding of requirements.
* Communicate testing phase timelines to the team and seek approval from the Project Manager.
* Design an incident process in case of any environmental outage.
Test Design, Development & Execeution:
* Review the test scenarios and seek review as required.
* Track the root cause of the review comments and take actions to resolve them.
* Review the test cases and traceability matrix to ensure total coverage of requirements.
* Identify & create Test data required for the testing activity.
* Perform System test Execution.
* Track the downtime and report the same to the client.
* Review the test results and clarify doubts/query raised by team during execution.
* Review the defects logged by team and assign it to the right owner.
* Support the team/ client in conducting UAT/BUT if applicable.
* Perform sanity testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
* Upload the test cases in the QC.
* Validate readiness of the test environment for test execution.
* Prepare test lab for test execution in QC.
* Seek sign off from the client at various stages of the cycle as required.
* Monitor various builds delivered by the development team.
* Organize and conduct defect triage meeting.
* Only For Onsite Coordinator: Support Business Lead at client side to perform UAT.
* If requested identify the test data for UAT.
* Create Run Plan document that captures priority of test cases based on complexity.
* Monitor server counters (eg CPU utilization , memory utilization etc).
Process Optimization/ Improvements and Knowledge Management:
* Conduct/Coordinate training on clients' applications to ensure training for the resource.
* Periodically, assess the technical capability of resources to ensure the selected resources are up to mark.
* Organize the boot camp for new entrants.
* Coordinate with team members, to upload the relevant document in knowledge management portals and keep it updated with the latest document.
* Select the team to create knowledge artefacts (eg collaterals, reusable assets) to drive knowledge management.
* Conduct CCP training with the help of academia and share the results with clients.
* Improvise already existing processes based on the experience.
* Institutionalize systems and processes in place to implement innovation suggestion made by the team (eg adoption of Cognizant proprietary best practices / tools, process optimization like usage of tools, automation, opportunity to utilize NLR products etc).
* Identify the time and cost savings made due to adoption of the best practices.
* Document the deferred defect information that will be captured during the next release.
Project Management & Release Management:
* Review the daily deliverables and share it with the stakeholders appropriately.
* Create and share weekly status reports and daily status reports with the team/ relevant stakeholders.
* Facilitate calls between onsite and offshore teams to discuss the project status.
* Identify resources based on the estimation and required skill set.
* (Only For Maintenance/Enhancements Project) Create estimation for enhancements based on the understanding of requirement.
* Perform POCs on the tools (eg accelerators, performance enhancers ) if required.
* Coordinate with the release manager to keep abreast with the various activities in the test environment (eg build schedule) and to ensure the right components move to the production.
* Review all deliverables to ensure Test process protocols/ internal quality processes are meticulously followed in project.
* Participate in audit at various stages to check for adherence to the CTS processes and guidelines.
* Take appropriate actions on NCs/Obs reported (if any).
Metric Analysis & Reporting:
* Prepare daily / weekly metrics / SLA reports.
* Followup with the team to ensure that all metrics have been recorded correctly and at the right frequency for the audits conducted internally.
* Identify deviations and alert Test Manager on risks.
* Report reasons for deviations.
* Provide periodic update on the metrics to the client via Daily Status Reports/Weekly Status Reports/Monthly Status Reports.
Defect Prevention/ Leakage Retrospection:
* Conduct root cause analysis of the defects (UAT, rejected/duplicate defects etc) Create test closure summary reports (covering defects passed or failed ).
* Coordinate with the stakeholders to make gono go decision based on test results and test closure summary report.
* Schedule and Conduct Retrospection meetings with the stake holders.
* Document the lessons learnt(for the next testing phase/projects).
* Conduct goal setting, performance apprais.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.