DescriptionAutomation Engineer - Software Developer
This candidate will design, develop, test, debug and implement complex software solutions to improve our supply chain fulfillment centers. The candidate will also work on enhancements to existing software systems, including our proprietary robotic material handling system.
* Understand complex requirements presented graphically and construct software solutions to meet the requirements.
* Improve existing software so that it becomes more robust, scalable, and efficient.
* Quickly diagnose and troubleshoot errors that occur in both live production environments and testing environments.
* Understand complex processes in topics such as logistics, warehouse management, automation, and robotics.
* Develop and execute test plans for robotic and automation software
* Design and develop software for automation and robotics solutions.
* Work closely with cross functional teams.
* Perform on-site commissioning support.
QualificationsEssential Skills Required
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
Or demonstrable software development proficiency with 10+ years of experience
* 2-3 years of development experience using Java, Kotlin, C++, or Python
* 2-3 years experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL
* Knowledge of open-source SQL database platforms design and development including ORM concepts and frameworks
* Knowledge of Android development and Linux systems is a plus
* Knowledge of Azure and Cosmos db is a plus
* Knowledge of supply chain operations is a plus.
* Experience with source control, code reviews, and code coverage analysis.
* Must enjoy and be willing to learn new and emerging technologies.
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills in software.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and the ability to conduct meetings and presentations with associates from all levels of management.
* Job will require 10-20% travel
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.