Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
* Working within the Development team, and Operations teams to develop and implement automated build, deployment, and test pipelines
* Working within the Development team to develop component and functionality tests
* Automating the build process for software projects, striving to make the compilation, testing, and packaging process as automatic and foolproof as possible
* Providing support on automated builds and the continuous integration system
* Monitoring the continuous integration system to ensure correct build execution and troubleshoot build failures
* Maintaining documentation of the build and continuous integration systems
* Deploying multi-stack software builds to various environments (VMs, Cloud instances, etc.) using automation tools like Ansible or Puppet, minimizing downtime
* 1-4 years in software development industry
* Build packaging or automation experience
* Experience maintaining a production build system for a large software project
* Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo or BuildBot
* Solid scripting experience (BASH, Python, Expect, etc.)
* Good communication skills, ability to interface with developers, testers and operations personnel as required
* Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
* Ability to travel up to 10%
* Advanced scripting skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, STEM or related discipline
* Software configuration tools such as Perforce or Git
* Issue management tools such as Jira, or Devtrack
* Testing frameworks such as PyTest, JUnit, Selenium, or Robot
* DevOps tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Artifactory
* Virtualization Experience (VMWare, Virtualbox, KVM)
* Docker or containerization experience a plus
* Linux SysAdmin experience.
* Cloud Experience (OpenStack, AWS)
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
Viasat provides broadband and communications products and services.