Medecision is transforming healthcare one cool app at a time!
Are you the kind of person that is motivated by the challenge of a dynamic, changing market? Can you utilize and exploit progressive systems and processes to satisfy urgent business needs? Are you a good partner with your teammates; driven to execute team and individual commitments that align with business vision? Does the idea of a high visibility and high impact role in a medium sized, growing company excite you? Are you interested in being part of a team that strives to achieve high business impact, execution excellence and has a lot of fun while we are doing it? Are you ready? We are! Join us in our journey towards liberating today's fragmented healthcare systems to Connect Care Everywhere.
Medecision is looking for a Automation Test Architect, a passionate power contributor who blends solid quality verification with proven development experience in building test frameworks.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU, IF…
You, as the Automation Test Architect, will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining an automation test platform to support all testing activities performed by the Quality Engineering Team. You will be responsible for ensuring quality is built in from the beginning by supplying a framework for services, web application, and Mobile application testing across the entire Medecision Solution. We seek a self-motivated individual and collaborative individual with a commitment to delivering quality products. In addition to the test architecture responsibilities, this individual will also manage a small QA/SDET team.
Reports to: Senior Manager, IT Operations
Location(s): Dallas, TX
YOU'RE GOOD AT:
* Designing the overall technical roadmap of automation solutions in collaboration with development and QA teams
* Providing guidance about what testing approach would best solve the needs of each team for delivering quality software
* Collaborating with other departments to advocate for testing best practices, strategy and techniques to integrate quality into the entire software development life cycle
* Developing test strategies according to a risk-based test methodology
* Identifying areas of optimization and improvement in the testing process
* Documenting defects and tracking resolutions
* Monitoring automated test execution for incremental and monthly releases
* Establishing and governing automation metrics and KPIs to stakeholders
* Mentoring members of the QA team on automation practices and skills
* Minimum 10 years of experience designing and maintaining test automation frameworks for web-based applications
* Minimum 5 years of experience designing and maintaining web service automation test suites and frameworks
* Knowledge of QA Methodologies and the software development lifecycle
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience
* Familiarity of testing types: black-box, white-box, functional, smoke, and regression
* Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to deliver on time, while working in a semi-autonomous environment
* Ability to create and communicate an accurate schedule
* Ability to work with distributed teams
* Willingness to learn to innovate and work with tools and solutions already in place
* Experience working with test automation frameworks such as Selenium, Junit, and TestNG, RESTAssured
* Experience in Quality Center and QA Symphony
* Experience in Jenkins, SVN, Git, and XLDeploy
* Experience in both REST and SOA Web Services
* Experience in Unix and scripting
* Knowledge of relational databases, such as Oracle; including SQL
* Knowledge of no-SQL databases, such as Mongo
* Proficient using xPath and CSS Selectors
* Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) concepts and processes
OUR CULTURE DRIVES US
It's not all about what we do. It's as much about how we do it. Medecision team members show up. We consistently exemplify our 6 core values of success:
* Execution. Service - We deliver "standing ovation" service. Speed - We are Agile. Ownership- We all take ownership and responsibility for how we deliver our promises, how we spend money, who we hire, what we build and how we help one another grow.
* Passion. We show an infectious emotional commitment to our work because what we do is important to our customers, one another and ourselves.
* Partnership. We are all in this together, without boundaries. Our internal/external network contains the solutions we need: we'll continuously seek them out, use them and improve them.
* Leadership. We are Medecision's brand. We are experts in care management, care coordination and healthcare information and technology. We lead our clients to excellent results by providing our expertise on best practices, industry trends, solutions development and innovations. We are moving in sync with an evolving industry. There is no problem we cannot solve.
* Innovation. We are in a constant state of discovery, inventiveness, thinking outside the box, and leading others internally and externally to do the same.
* Candor. Medecision communicates in a sincere, direct and familiar way. We address conflict directly and escalate issues internally and externally to address conflict with speed and partnership.
Join us in our quest to liberate healthcare!
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment. Medecision is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.