Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We're constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information to doctors and patients.
About the AI Team
Invitae AI is seeking a computer scientist with expertise in AI planning and reinforcement learning to develop state of the art solutions to problems in process automation, recommender systems, and human-in-the-loop user interfaces. The desired candidate is a strong coder with professional software engineering experience as well as a scientist interested in developing and publishing state of the art methods with the Invitae AI team. They appreciate academic work for its novelty and rigor and enjoy the ability of industrial computer science to scale and focus the impact of their work. As a member of the Invitae AI team, they will work with collaborating engineering teams to implement solutions to contemporary problems in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computational biology.
What you will do:
* Create a data-driven agenda and implement state of the art solutions in AI planning and recommender systems
* Work with collaborating software engineering teams to integrate and scale solutions
* Work with collaborating academic researchers to demonstrate abstraction and generalization of our approach
* Demonstrate insights and value internally (presentations, documentations) and externally (conference papers, blog posts)
What you bring:
* PhD or equivalent experience in computer science
* Relevant publications in AI Planning, Reinforcement Learning, or Recommender Systems
* Strong knowledge of and practical experience implementing planning domains in PDDL
* Knowledge of multiple domain representations (e.g. markovian, hierarchical) and solver methods (e.g. online/offline, optimal/suboptimal)
* Experience with reinforcement learning methods (e.g. Bandit, TD methods)
* Proficient with Python 3, Java 8, Linux, DevOps, SQL, NoSQL, REST
* Ability to both guide and accept guidance from team members
* Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication
* Interest in solving problems in the healthcare domain to make observable improvements in patient and clinician experiences
Other methods you are excited about:
* NLP methods such as supervised and unsupervised classification, NER, POS, and SRL
* Graphical models
* Active learning or human-in-the-loop methods
* Explanatory models
* Social methods (e.g. collaborative filtering, crowd experiments)
* Human computer interaction
* Information Retrieval methods
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
InVitae provides genetic diagnostics for hereditary disorders.