Illinois Tool Works
Alpine, a division of ITW is seeking an Automated Industrial Equipment Support Technician in our Grand Prairie, TX location to provide phone technical support for Alpine ITW equipment customers. This position is a customer support role with the secondary goal of selling replacement parts, spare parts packages, maintenance contracts, etc.
Alpine is a leading provider of building component industrial equipment and the industry's best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their business and make them more productive.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
* Handles inbound technical support service calls for manufacturing equipment professionally.
* Assists customers to identify required replacement parts, quotes prices, and enter sales orders in ERP. This includes estimates on date of delivery, based on current stock levels and production schedules and delivery dates.
* Builds and maintains customer relationships.
* Provides technical support troubleshooting via tools such as phones, computer, internet, and other appropriate communication devices and processes.
* Documents all new or updated customer and sales data for entry into ERP database (Baan) CRM software (Zendesk).
* Works with outside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
* Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
* Communicates with coworkers, management, staff, and others in a courteous and professional manner while providing high quality customer service to all internal and external customers.
* Occasional trips on-site to customer to troubleshoot and make field repairs (< 15% of time)
* Associate Degree in mechanical or electrical field or 2-3 years experience working on industrial equipment
* 2+ years experience in telephone sales or customer service
* 2+ years experience with some of the following: mechanical, electrical, electronic, computer, motion control systems, firmware, software, and related components and systems a plus
* Experience with training customers on industrial automated equipment preferred
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Detail-oriented; produces focused results.
* Possess/maintain valid driver's license and maintains a clear Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
* Ability to effectively travel on occasion as needed (<15% of time)
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
About Illinois Tool Works
Illinois Tool Works manufactures and sells industrial products and equipment.