Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking an Audiovisual Specialist I to join our winning team, located in Chicago. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Audiovisual Specialist I will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As an Audiovisual Specialist I at Latham, you will be responsible for performing a variety of activities and support services which may include Facilities, Guest Services, and Technology. You will provide ongoing services regarding office materials, systems, and equipment while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
* Together with Guest Services, Facilities, and Technology staff, scheduling and organizing conference rooms, office equipment, and facility space and amenities; Setting up and breaking down chairs, tables, and equipment for special events; may set up and breakdown conference rooms with designated amenities, including refreshments or meals; ensuring set up and configuration accurately matches the EMS report
* Utilizing EMS to schedule conference rooms and visitor offices; may also run multiple reports in EMS, including catering and technology requests for conference rooms and visitors
* Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers
* Providing support to standard desktop and notebook systems, hardware, and customer related services within the conference center
* Setting up PC computers, notebook computers, and printers, initializing and stabilizing performance within the conference center
* Setting up conference room to use technology services (e.g. presentations, network connections, and audio/visual); performing daily checks of conference room to ensure all equipment is working properly
* Ensuring that all conference rooms are outfitted with appropriate audiovisual and technology components based on size of room and functionality requirements; this may include systems for audio and videoconference calls, PC-based presentations, Intranet/Internet connections and in-room amplification
* Ensuring that all audiovisual and technology equipment and applications in conference rooms are functioning and ready for use in advance of the start of scheduled meetings (e.g., computers, displays, printers, etc.)
* Performing daily checks of the conference rooms to ensure that all equipment is working properly; coordinating with audiovisual technology vendor and/or other members of the Technology team when repairs/maintenance of conference room equipment is needed
* Operating conference room equipment when necessary (e.g. starting a videoconference call, videotaping, setting camera positions, performing live switching during videoconference, etc.)
* Monitoring the firm's conference room scheduling system to ensure that technology inventory levels meet the needs of the scheduled meetings; resolving any conflicts with his or her immediate supervisor
* Assisting with special projects on various issues as needed
As an Audiovisual Specialist I, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Audiovisual Specialist I must have well-developed and professional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm. Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines are desired, as well as a willingness to complete all tasks and learn new skills. The Specialist must display thorough knowledge of PC applications, including MS Office.
A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. One (1) to two (2) years Facilities or related experience is desired. Technology support experience with PC hardware/software is a plus. The ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, is desired. The Specialist must be able to operate a hand truck and lift, deliver, and set up office supplies and equipment. Extensive time using a computer, including use of a PC keyboard and mouse or similar data input devices, is required of this position.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the 'Apply Now' link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
About Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins is a global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers in its offices located in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the US.