CBS BUSINESS UNIT: Showtime
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
The holder of this position is responsible for managing and coordinating audiovisual technical support for Showtime NY. They are the primary technical coordinator for company-wide webcasts and other HR special events. They manage the daily audiovisual support coverage and provide high-level A/V support when needed. This person will work with their supervisor in evaluating and deploying new audiovisual technology, and designing/refining technical and collaborative solutions and A/V workflows for the company.
Manage A/V support in the New York office
* Oversee A/V support technician and temp staff as needed. Respond to email requests, answer the support hotline, and ensure appropriate coverage is available to end-users across the New York office to support Zoom and Cisco videoconference rooms.
* Develop and offer user training for conference rooms, Zoom, and other A/V technology initiatives.
* Responsible for the maintenance of A/V deployments and the accuracy of the A/V inventory.
* Oversee deployment and service of the in-house cable distribution system.
* Create, update, and distribute A/V documentation (technical and instructional) as needed.
Webcast management and event production
* Be the primary technical point person for company-wide webcasts. They will be the chief technical coordinator for these events, and as such, must be able to guide all participants through the production process. Coordinate with HR, the "talent," Red Post, and other departments to ensure webcast events run smoothly and efficiently.
* Work with HR and other departments during special events, helping to define scope, A/V requirements, and general flow of the production. Work with outside vendors when required.
* Additional responsibilities include starting and hosting webcasts, equipment setup/breakdown, maintaining and updating the webcasting equipment, and working with offsite personnel when required.
System and workflow design
* Work with their supervisor to develop A/V standards, and deploy audiovisual technology solutions for the company.
* Help plan and schedule POCs and vet technology. Work closely with integrators, trades, and other departments within Showtime and CBS to ensure our videoconferencing and collaboration technology remains modern, efficient, and effective.
* Experience supporting videoconferencing systems, including Zoom and Cisco, is required.
* Must have substantial experience with consumer A/V workflow and equipment, as well as professional A/V integration solutions, including knowledge of relevent hardware/software manufactures.
* Clever, functional cable management skill is required.
* At least five years experience supporting audiovisual technology and troubleshooting current Macintosh computers. Experience in live production is a plus.
The candidate must demonstrate a thorough understanding of audiovisual concepts and theory and videoconference room setups, and have a strong understanding of professional and consumer A/V equipment in order to create a straightforward experience for the end-user. They must possess strong interpersonal skills and provide a high level of customer service at all times. The candidate must have sound troubleshooting skills and demonstrate an ability to successfully work with or on behalf of end-users to solve their problems in a thorough and understanding way.
* Understanding of advanced A/V integration and system management concepts.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as analytical problem solving skills are essential.
* Practical production sensibilities (clean/safe setup and strike, proper equipment care, basic camera setup and audio engineering).
* Ability to manage others and delegate as appropriate.
* Considerable experience with Mac OS and familiarity with Windows.
* Familiarity with basic networking designs and concepts.
* Ability to read and interpret single-line A/V wiring diagrams.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon's Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network's authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at  www.showtime.com and  www.showtimeanytime.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled