Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Atlassian Developer/Administrator for their Waltham,MA office.
Are you passionate about building quality software? Is your mission "Help others to be productive"? Have you worked in software engineering teams and delivered software solutions to internal customers?
National Grid IT team is currently seeking an innovative, adaptable, and results-oriented software engineer to implement the application lifecycle management (ALM) using Atlassian & open source products. You will work with solutions & service development teams to resolve issues and ensure quality throughout the development and release process. You will work in a highly collaborative environment in agile, cross-functional teams.
* Configure, maintain and upgrade Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
* Work with the teams to derive tool usage requirements and configuration projects, workflows, issue types, screens, to meet the team needs.
* Develop JIRA workflows, reports and dashboards for operational metrics
* Identify customization requirements that cannot be met with the tool capabilities - write and maintain Adaptivist Scriptrunner fields, scripts, listeners, and events.
* Create complex JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence workflows, screen, permission, and notification schemes
* Maintain several custom plug-ins
* Atlassian Plugin Development using Java
* Install, Upgrade Atlassian products.
* Support, compile and troubleshoot Atlassian tools
* Manage various development tools, testing tools and monitoring tools
* Plan, evaluate, deploy, operate and maintain tools to suit the expanding user-base
* Provide training to technical and non-technical teams to use Atlassian tools and best practice to the user-community
* Must have strong knowledge and hands on experience in Installing, configuring and troubleshooting of Atlassian suite of products especially JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket
* Minimum 3-5 years supporting Atlassian products with expert experience in
* Troubleshooting issues in JIRA / Confluence / BitBucket tools and add-ons
* Optimizing designs in creating issues with conditions, validations and post functions
* ScriptRunner and implementing Groovy Scripts for JIRA and Confluence.
* Using/extending REST services provided by Atlassian
* Requires a Bachelor of Science degree or Masters with at least 7 years of prior relevant experience
* Demonstrated outstanding analytical, teaming and interpersonal skills Trouble shooting issues-effectively respond to users requests
* Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
* Big plus to have
* integration knowledge with Jenkins and automated testing tools.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.