Functional Responsibilities: This individual will be responsible to lead the reporting and analytics projects/work streams on multiple platforms in addition to performing the role of a hands-on business analyst in the reporting space. This individual will be expected to drive solution development and helping the team evaluate multiple solution options and pick the most appropriate solution for each use case. As an experienced professional in the BI & Analytics space this individual will be relied upon to provide guidance/thought leadership in the project execution delivery space working with the IT organization and vendors. As part of the overall responsibilities within the group, this individual will also engage in the broader Data Management and Governance initiatives as required.
Specific responsibilities for the position may include:
* Assist the product manager for the Enterprise Reporting Solution and provide thought leadership and technical guidance to the IT and developer teams to meet delivery timelines.
* Document business requirements for reporting requests, provide[PJ1] training to business users, support cases (requests), lead reporting POC(s) as needed.
* Provide execution leadership to the Data Warehouse team by defining processes and guidelines and establishing ownership and checklists
* Collaborate with the IT project management to ensure delivery timelines are consistently met and the data and report quality meets user expectations.
* Work with senior management to define the Reporting & Analytics strategy for MA Administration.
* Assist with POC on new tools and technologies and help develop strategies for reporting automation.
* Help the broader business systems team for strategic projects by working with industry experts (like Gartner) and help capture reporting & analytics requirements for new applications.
* Assist in defining and developing the Analytics framework for MA and help create the right data and tool infrastructure to support the framework
* Manage the team of reporting analysts and their work allocation and performance management and development.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction: This position works as a liaison between Moody Analytics' business groups and software developers, and will interact with senior internal personnel
* Bachelor's Degree, 6 - 9 years related information systems experience
* 6-9 years of reporting and analytics experience.
* System/business analysis experience required.
* Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical issues.
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
* Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
Key Tech and Non-Technical Skills:
* Understanding of simple to complex SQL queries, views, stored procedures and functions
* Hands on report development and/or data analysis experience using SQL in a SQL Server
* Experience using Business Intelligence tools including Cognos, Business Objects, SSRS, Tableau or other decision support tools; Cognos experience is preferred
* Knowledge of MS Office suite of products with emphasis on Access and/or strong emphasis on advanced Excel skills
* Experience in the Salesforce.com application and platform a plus
* Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 Management Studio
* Basic understanding of applications design
* Understanding and ability to apply Software Development Life Cycle practices and methodologies in a team collaboration environment.
* Strong background in business process analysis, requirements, and design, as well as data modeling, prototyping and detailed functional design.
* Expert understanding of data analysis, including root-cause analysis, and other process modeling and systems design tools.
* Ability collaborate with multiple stakeholders and create consensus.
* Strategic thinking and strong orientation to detail.
* Exhibit thought leadership in the Reporting & Analytics space.
Moody's Corporation is a company providing credit ratings, research tools, and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets.