Conducts research aligned with Argonne's data science and learning mission. Builds computational tools, develops methods for the solution of data science and computational problems on parallel and distributed computers. Collaborates with scientists on data and computational science and software issues. Disseminates findings through publications, software, presentations, and other means of reporting outcomes and research artifacts. Produces project plans, status reports and end user documentation. Contributes to discovery and technological advances. Conducts program development activities such as proposal writing. Strengthens career path opportunities by expanding technological skills, developing independent research capabilities, and building professional skills such as communication, networking and leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's and 5+ years; Master's and 3+ years; Doctorate and 0 years, or equivalent.
* Considerable knowledge in parallel and distributed computing.
* Experience in parallel programming and distributed computing tools.
* Skilled in modern programming languages.
* Experience in large-scale data analysis and machine learning.
* Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
* This level of experience is typically attained with an appropriate technical degree in engineering or architecture, or facilities management plus five years of relevant experience or equivalent.
* Ability to model Argonne's Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.